We stayed in Lodge 9 for 1 week in August 2009 and enjoyed a very relaxing week. The lodges are located very close to the shores of Loch Lomond (2-3 minutes walk) and the loch can be viewed from the lodges. There are 3 detached lodges each with a hot tub which is a very nice way to relax whilst admiring the beautiful Loch Lomond. There are also 6 semi detached lodges, some of which also have hot tubs.
The lodges are probably the equivilant to a 4 star hotel and the location cannot be beaten.
There is a very nice Inn called the Oak Tree Inn about a 5 minute walk away and there are numerous wonderful walks that can be started right from the door step of the lodges.
We also took a boat trip to the nearby island which boasts lovely walks and stunning views.
Balmaha is a very small hamlet but if you are looking for a relaxing break in a quiet area that boasts stunning scenary then these lodges are worth considering albeit they are not cheap.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury self catering lodges and chalets in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park with loch views and private foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Loch Lomond Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Hotel Balmaha
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Balmaha, Scotland