I stopped at a Waterfront Lodge for two nights recently for a family wedding. The lodges were lovely - very well equipped with everything you would need from garlic press to crystal glasses for that special meal. The lodge had two double bedrooms and a sofabed. The view from the lodge was spectacular and we were blessed with sunshine and blue skies. The beds were very large (7ft), there were leather sofas, a large screen TV (signal not that good) and plenty of space. Free wi-fi is provided but because of the location, the signal can be intermittent. The kitchen was equipped with dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, tea towels, oven gloves – everything you would need. The only thing missing was bathroom toiletries, but remember this is self catering.
The hot tub was great fun and the steam shower was very welcome after a long walk. The owners are very strict about rules regarding the hot tub and I think this is for health and safety reasons and for the comfort of other guests.
There is wooden garden furniture outside along with parasol.
The wedding marquee location was perfect – right on the water’s edge. I have only given four stars because there was one thing that slightly marred the evening and that was after the bar had closed one of the lodge guests went and collected 4 tins of lager from his lodge and we were challenged by a gentleman who said that we should not be drinking alcohol not purchased from the bar. We had used the bar all evening but wanted to continue the celebrations. The lager was provided after the bar had closed. I mentioned that we were staying at one of the lodges and he rather ungraciously walked away without comment. I feel that he could have handled the situation better and if he had made enquiries, he would have discovered that the party had filled his coffers rather well that weekend. I believe the wedding party had hired at least 5 lodges.
Would I recommend this venue? Yes, most definitely and I would be happy to spend a week here taking advantage of the local walks, sailing and beautiful scenery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury self catering lodges and chalets in the heart of the Loch Lomond National Park with loch views and private foreshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Loch Lomond Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Hotel Balmaha
- Loch Lomond Waterfront Balmaha, Scotland