Oak Tree Inn
US$120
TripAdvisor
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$155
  • Pool
Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)
US$99
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront(Helensburgh)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
US$98
US$94
US$60
Travelodge
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,512 results
All reviewsthe cottagesburgerhaggisloch lomondwest highland waythe pubaber cottagecullen skinkfish and chipsmain buildingconic hilllovely roombar areagreat foodbuffet styleopen firesuperior room
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have stayed at the Oak tree Inn several times during this winter, and many times over the years. The food is always fantastic,with top quality produce being served by friendly welcoming staff. You will not find better value or service anywhere.

The rooms are spectacular, pristine with all the facilities of a 5 star hotel. The menu is extensive and full of local produce, and really is value for money. The service is first class, the staff are warm and friendly and do everything they can to make your visit a memorable one.
The bar and restaurant have old timber beams and an open log fire which creates a warm friendly atmosphere, a marvellous place to sit and enjoy a meal or simply relax with a drink .The Balmaha cider is marvellous, as is the locally brewed selection of Ales, a treat for the Real ale drinkers. If your driving and simply want a coffee and a scone, these are also available. and are simply delicious .The breakfast menu is an amazing buffet, served fresh and plentiful, no overdone eggs or dried up bacon served here. all freshly cooked for you to enjoy.
To sum up my experiences of the Oak tree Inn. The Best Food and accommodation available any where.
I am looking forward to my next visit, which hopefully will be very soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have visited the Oak Tree on two occasions recently. My first experience was positive which was a night away with my husband in one of the cottages, due to this I booked a further night for myself and my two friends in the Bunk House. When booking this I inquired as to whether there was free wifi in all rooms and was assured this is the case. This was essential for my needs as I need to be contactable for work and was due to be on call when we were visiting. We arrived on Saturday at 14.25 and went to the Reception Area where we waited for around ten minutes before anyone came to the desk. The restaurant was very busy at this time so I am assuming they were just busy, however this was not the welcome we were expecting. We were then advised check in was from 3pm only because the room was still being cleaned. This would not normally be a problem if there was somewhere to wait, however we were told we could not leave our bags and that the bar and restaurant were both full with a waiting list. The lady on reception advised us to wait in out car in the rain until 3pm. We were shown where to park and waited, however during this time nobody came in our out of the Bunk House area which places doubt as to why we could not check in as the cleaners had clearly finished prior to us arriving.
At 3pm we received the key to our room which we expected to be of a slightly less plush setting than the cottage I had previously stayed in, however we were shocked. The reason for this annual trip is for three mothers to have a much needed night away from children and work, have a glass of wine and most importantly a relaxing evening. The room we entered was made up of two sets of bunk beds. The bunks did not have ladders meaning the only way to access the top bunk was to scale the side of the bed frame, this is surely a health and safety hazard. There was a stone floor with no rug or underfloor heating and the only heater in the room was a small wall mounted heater which did not appear to be attached to any heating system. This was not adequate heat for the room. There was no seating area apart from one old restaurant chair left in the middle of the room and there was no wardrobe or drawers. The bathroom was basic but clean, however the shower is the worst I have seen in a hotel / B&B. The water pressure was awful and the ledge at the bottom of the shower tray prevented any chance of the use being able to have adequate water to wash your hair properly. Finally, there was no wifi, which was essential for me during this stay. I went to reception and asked about this and the receptionist shrugged her shoulders saying "The signal must not work in that room". I explained the importance of having wifi and asked to be moved and was told there were no other rooms available. Due to this I had to pay £10 for access to an internet hub through BT.
After the initial shock of the standard of accommodation we decided to put this aside and head to the restaurant for our evening meal and drinks. This did not disappoint and we had a delicious meal, although the portions were on the large side for us! During our meal the staff were great and could not have been more helpful. After our meal we took a short walk and were back at the Bunk House by around 9pm. Within this cottage there are 2 rooms.
After going to bed around 11pm, we were then awoken at 01.15 on Sunday morning by the men staying in the opposite room trying to access our room. They tried the door a number of times and were banging on the door telling us to let them in. When we said No this persisted and was very frightening. Normally in such circumstance I would have called reception to report this, however due to the lack of phone signal this was not an option and we had no alternative but to sit up until it got light as these men were abusive, even though we had no idea exactly who they were. This completely ruined our relaxing experience and we did not feel we wanted to go for breakfast in the morning as these unidentified men may be in the restaurant. At check out I asked for the Manager and was told by the receptionist that she was not in and a time she would be there could not be confirmed. I explained the situation to the receptionist who did waive the room fee, however had to ask for a call from the Manager as I was very concerned. The Manager did call me later today and apologized, advising these men are long term guests in the bunk house, however this made me feel even more uneasy as we may not be the only guests disrupted in this manner. This has really tarnished my view of this establishment and I will not be returning. If you are visiting my advise would be eat here and stay somewhere else, if you do stay make sure your door is locked and avoid the Bunk House!

Room Tip: Eat Here Only unless you are able to stay in one of the new cottages!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Beaverhausens
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked through a deal and upgraded to a superior room which was great as we stayed in accommodation next to the inn which was lovely, only downside to some people staying would be that you need to walk a short distance to the inn for a meal and breakfast. This didn't bother us in the least as it only took a minute and let you enjoy the surrounding. The staff and food was excellent, well worth a visit.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the oak tree inn. It's a beautiful stunning place in a lovely location. The food is amazing and the staff are first class and can not be faulted. They are friendly warm attentive and happy to help.
The menu is extensive and all the food is delicious. Breakfast is a buffet which was fresh even at the last minute and plenty of it.
The bar and restaurant are typical old world country oak beams and log fires and creates a warm atmosphere where sitting and enjoying the atmosphere is lovely.
The rooms are spotless there was not a spot of dust or dirt anywhere and the rooms are welcoming and presented as you would expect from the hotel. It's definitely worth upgrading as the better rooms are beautiful and spacious. The standard rooms are also lovely and well presented.
My only gripe which the hotel are already aware of as they leave ear plugs in the rooms is the noise. The walls to the bedrooms are paper thin. You can hear every noise from talking kettles toilet etc and the doors creak and bang. You hear every footstep in the hallway and even light noise as if it's in the room. This made it difficult to sleep and once someone was up it woke you as if they were in the room. Such a shame for a beautiful hotel that otherwise was outstanding.
If I were to come back I would stay in one of the buildings away from the hotel they have as I'm sure they are quieter. If this was rectified it would be 5 stars all through.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We booked this hotel using a K G B offer but on booking by phone we eere asked if we would like to pay a supplement to upgrade to a superior room with views of the Loch. This we did but in arrival discovered we were actually being accommodated in a cottage about 200 yards from the hotel. Had we been advised of this when booking we would not have agreed to this. The staff especially Kirstie were helpful & offered to move us on the 2nd night, however although they offered us a deluxe room on our 2nd night it didn't seem worth the hassle of moving. The food was average. The hotel is really only redeemed by its friendly, helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple