“A Hidden Gem”
Review of Oak Tree Inn

Oak Tree Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Balmaha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have visited the Oaktree Inn a few times over the years and it keeps on delivering on many levels. The staff are just so friendly and welcoming, especially Agnes on reception.

The food is superb and and for a hotel of this size the menu is extensive. One of the things that I like is that you can choose to eat in the bar (with the open fire) or in the restaurant. Either way it is a very relaxing atmosphere. I like not having to dress up - everyone is smart/casual.

I've read some of the not so positive comments about the rooms / bunk house but I have to disagree. The rooms are lovely and so well equipped - ok the walls could perhaps do with a bit more sound proofing but I've never had any bad experiences. The cottages near the Loch are the best and the views in the morning (not the rainy ones) are stunning.

If I want a formal 5* luxury experience and a price to match then I'll go to the other side of the Loch but for my wife and I we think that the Oaktree is a fantastic getaway

For those that moan about the location - surely you know where you are going ?? The moaner's in life will always find something to whinge about !!

Well done the Oaktree - you're doing it well.

Room Tip: Sweet talk Agnes for an upgrade !
4  Thank trustme555
There are newer reviews for Oak Tree Inn

Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

The first impression was good, my annex, (cottage), room was clean & had underfloor heating in the shower/toilet, a large freeview t.v. and firm bed & pillows.
In the Inn it is a restaurant with a small bar. There can be long queues for food at main times but takeaway is available. The beer is well kept but with no competition is a bit overpriced. My main gripe was the lack of any kind if entertainment, even on Paddys night. Apparently the owner doesn't like it!!! He's not there & we are! The staff were all great, hard working & professional & broke the near silent monotomy, so did some great customers. Good food though.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank John G
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Great staff. Great breakfast. Room was very clean and comfortable, I liked the idea of ear plugs on the bed stand, but really could have done with industrial strength ones.... The walls are incredibly thin, like paper!!! and the man next door snored like a train!! Maybe we were just unlucky, but this spoilt it for me. And for that reason would never stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night and were pleasantly surprised by all the hotel had to offer. Very friendly helpful staff, excellent food and service in the bar and a spotlessly clean room! On the shores of Loch Lomond, we had a lovely view and enjoyed a very peaceful walk near the hotel. If you need a short break away to get back to nature please consider this little gem of a place!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicola J
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My Husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay.From the moment we arrived we were met by friendly staff and this continued throughout our stay! Our room was very nice. Spotlessly clean- well done to the housekeeping staff! l liked the idea of the earplugs on the bedside table ! Perhaps I should have used them as we were awakened at 7am by the couple next door's moans!! The walls are very thin!! The Bar is very welcoming and again staff here were very friendly. Food was superb. Good choices at sensible prices. My request for Porridge and boiled eggs at breakfast was acknowledged by pleasant staff. Maybe Porridge on the buffet would be popular with the walkers? My Husband enjoyed the "full Scottish breakfast" each morning. We very much plan to return later in the year but until then Thanks to all Staff who make this place so special. A big thankyou to Agnes for her humour and friendliness! Well Done Everybody!

1  Thank Gigi464
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Whilst staying in the area we dined here on three consecutive evenings. Every meal we had was delicious and the portions are large. The staff are very friendly, attentive and professional even when it was very busy. So if you are in the area dine here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pauline m
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This was a short break booked through5pm big deals. Was not expecting this level of service and excellence of food. Best I have experienced for a long time. 5star rating for a 3 star hotel. Thank you.

Room Tip: We are in room 3 - (lovely).
2  Thank Ann101_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balmaha
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Winnock Hotel
Winnock Hotel
#1 of 2 in Drymen

Been to Oak Tree Inn? Share your experiences!