Oak Tree Inn
TripAdvisor
US$232
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$187
US$99
US$96
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront(Helensburgh)(Great Value!)
US$66
Hotwire.com
US$60
Travelodge
1,511 results
All reviewsthe cottagesburgerhaggisloch lomondwest highland waythe pubaber cottagecullen skinkfish and chipsmain buildingconic hilllovely roombar areagreat foodbuffet styleopen firesuperior room
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I had a lovely weekend here and would definitely recommend it.
The food was great, the staff were brilliant and the whole atmosphere was fantastic.
We stayed in one of the cottages. The room was lovely with great views over Loch Lomond but the only criticism I have is the sound proofing. You can here every movement of the people in the room above. I really hope they can address this problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The Oak Tree Inn is in the gorgeous little village of Balmaha, right on the edge of Loch Lomond - it doesn't get much more picturesque than this!

The pub itself serves incredible food during the day and evening and stocks a good range of drinks including local ale and cider.

There is a little shop next door and the tourist information right across the road, including some nice local walks for good views of the Loch.

In terms of the B&B, I'll approach the two B's independently:

"Bed"
In terms of the room, we had a "deluxe premier" and a Loch View (albeit out the window, not on a deck as I'd assumed from their website, it appears only 2 of the deluxe rooms have a deck, which was my misunderstanding). The only downside of the room itself was that it was very poorly sound-proofed - something clearly recognised by the owners as they had provided ear plugs and a little note apologising about any noise heard from other rooms.

"Breakfast"
Considering the amazing standard of food served at the pub we had high hopes of breakfast and were rather underwhelmed. The food provided was ok but was not a particularly amazing example of a full breakfast. A few items of note which were missing included hash browns, black pudding, other egg options (only scrambled was served though on asking they did say I could order poached). There was nothing particularly bad about it, it was just nothing like the quality of food served the rest of the time.

Overall, we had a lovely time at the Oak Tree Inn, with the exception of a couple of interrupted sleeps due to the noise, and would recommend a visit for the views and food.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2014

What a lovely way to spend my Eater Monday. Four of us went to Balmaha for a spot of lunch and the food totally hit the spot. You'll pay around £10 per head for a really good burger and drink but the setting is nice, fod great and of course the sun was shining so everything seems better haha. I have been here before and liked it then, so give it a try, I reckon you'll ;ike it too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband booked a surprise Valentine's Day stay at one of the cottages in a superior double room which had lovely views across the Loch. He had arranged flowers for my arrival and we had a lovely meal in the restaurant with very helpful and friendly staff. We had a lovely evening and the room was lovely and cosy too when we retired to bed. Spotlessly clean and very comfortable bed. Peace and tranquility. We have eaten at the Oak Tree on a number of occasions and still do. Food is very tasty, piping hot and served by friendly staff. Breakfast was also lovely and lots of choice within the continental and cooked ranges. Would definitely return and recommend even if it was only to dine and not stay. Worth a visit and the Clootie dumpling is divine - just like Granny used to make it! Highly recommended

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Yet again had a super stay in the Oak Tree Inn while walking the West Highland Way. Food was great and staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. This is the sixth time that I have stayed at the inn and have never been disappointed. Look forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends