“Super little homely guest house with outstanding hospitality and breakfasts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bay Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Balmaha
Bay Cottage
salisbury
“Super little homely guest house with outstanding hospitality and breakfasts.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

A warm welcome awaits on arrival with a superb high tea including scrumpious home made scones served in the guest living room. Our room was comfortable with all necessities to hand. The hot tub was simply wonderful! Liz served us with excellent breakfasts, an excellent choice of juice, bread, lovelyhomemade marmalade. If you want to be spoilt rotten book in to Bay Cottage.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Of all B&B and bunkhouses we stayed during our West Highland way, this was my favorite place. First: the traditional Scottish breakfast was the best I had in all the seven places we stayed (I would order the Scottish breakfast everywhere so my basis of comparison is quite good). We were sorry to have worried Ms Liz Bates because we arrived very late: we were clearly not prepared for the West Highland Way as we assumed. Also, my partner forgot to pack her raincoat, which had terrible consequences. She arrived soaked and cold at Balmaha but Ms Bates lent us a rain coat, which was extremely useful for the other six days of our trip. We were eternally grateful. The beds were very comfortable. I wish we stayed more days there, we did not have a chance to use the hot tub, we were so tired and exhausted that we slept like stones. The cottage is beautifully decorated and clean. It is the type of the house I will live in one day.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
barrhead
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Me and my friend stayed here and it's a lovely b&b ,nice room ,lovely breakfast ,bonus is the hot tub ,we also had the packed lunch ,so if you are walking this is ideal ,it's also rite across from the pub ,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Wonderful 2 night stay at Liz's fantastic bed and breakfast in the heart of Balmaha. A warm welcoming atmosphere right from the start and throughout our stay. Our room was beautiful with a really comfy bed and spacious bathroom just next door which was fully stocked.
A delicious cream tea was provided on arrival, which consisted of homemade cakes, scotch pancakes and biscuits.
The hot tub was an amazing perk of the stay, robes and extra towels were provided when used.
Breakfast on both mornings was outstanding, all cooked and prepared by Liz with a great selection to choose from and all locally sourced.
Highly recommend staying at Bay Cottage, Liz's hospitality was fantastic and we felt very at home throughout our stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review.
The hot tub certainly is a fantastic way to relax & enjoy views of the Loch & is something I will never tire of.
Living in an area of such abundance is really great. We can source a great deal of our produce locally & enjoy the fact that we know where it comes from, who grows it/breeds it & even know their children!
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Bay Cottage & we hope to see you again soon,
Liz Bates
Arnold, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My stay isn't even over but I know already this is a 5 star place. Liz is absolutely the best hostess, the rooms are lovely and the breakfast and tea are fab. I highly recommend Bay Cottage if you are anywhere near Balmaha.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you so much for your review!
I'm glad it was a good review or else you might have found yourself out in the street.
In all seriousness it was really lovely having you. It really makes my job (I use that word very very loosely) really rewarding.
I hope to see you back someday!
Take care & all the best,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I found this place as one of 3 local B&Bs and booked it since the prices were reasonable and the owner got back to me the fastest.

I expected a bed and nothing more but what I got was an experience!

A beautiful, homely and immaculate house with well appointed rooms. I felt like I was at home! We shared some great home baked treats and stories with Liz and the other guests (I don't know how she gets the time to do all this baking along with everything else!) before getting into the oh-so-good hot tub (really good!).

Just such a great B&B, don't look anywhere else.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your really lovely review!
It's a real compliment to hear that I got back to your enquiry quickly - until a few years ago I didn't even know how to turn on a computer....now I'm complete with smart phone, tablet, website & even a Facebook page - so Thank you.
I'm really glad you were pleasantly surprised & enjoyed your stay. B&B isn't easy, but its really rewarding & you get to meet fantastic people, share stories & life experiences.
A lot of the baking actually comes from my 92 year old mother...she's famous for her scones & her story telling in equal measure.
We hope to see you again soon,
Bergun, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a grate place to stay. Nice and friendly lady in the B&B. Its a small little town, with only one restaurant. but grate dinner and perfect location. the room was fantastic. the breakfast was incredible.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Christopher B, Owner at Bay Cottage, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
Balmaha is a lovely small village in a very idyllic location & I feel really privileged to call it home.
We're lucky to have a great Inn in the village & lots of local produce to help with our breakfasts.
Many thanks again & we hope to see you again some day soon,
Liz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Balmaha
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Winnock Hotel
#1 of 2 in Drymen
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,013 reviews
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel

Been to Bay Cottage? Share your experiences!