“A great B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crianlarich
Craigbank Guest House
Ranked #2 of 10 Crianlarich B&B and Inns
Manchester, United Kingdom
“A great B&B”
Reviewed 18 May 2012

I stayed at Craigbank for four nights on a hill-walking trip. It is an excellent B&B, very comfortable and beautifully maintained. Breakfast in the conservatory is first rate, there is a lounge with wood-burning stove, tea and coffee always available and a good selection of books, DVDs and local information. There is also a drying room. However, what really sets Craigbank apart from other B&Bs of similar standard is the warm welcome you will receive from Charlie and Karen who couldn't have been more helpful and did all that they could to make my stay most enjoyable. I hope to stay at Craigbank again soon as I still have plenty of nearby hills to climb.

Crianlarich has good road, rail and bus links, a shop, great opportunities for walking, both high and low-level, and plenty of places to eat. Day trips by train to places such as Oban and Fort William are possible.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kvs101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Greater Manchester
Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I had travelled to Crianlarich on our touring motorbike. We arrived at Craigbank to be greeted by a very friendly host named Charly who showed us around the guest areas and the excellent drying room (which we needed on one occasion) then up to our room which had a huge bed and a really nice ensuite bathroom with a bath. Charly is a mind of useful info on the surrounding area and for great places to visit i.e. we got on the train at Crianlarich and on Charlys advice instead of getting off in Fort William we went all the way up to Mallaig, it was one of the most spectacular train journeys you could get in the UK. The breakfasts, which is served in the conservatory with a stunning view towards the hills were brill, I sampled both the cooked brekky and the brilliant continental (which I have to say was the best one I have ever had even from a top star hotel). There are two pubs that you can walk to for your evening meals one is the Rod and Reel the other is the Ben Moor both have great food and a great atmosphere. I would have no problem recommending this Guest House to anyone and if you ever find yourselves in the area you have got to stay here you won't regret it

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Thanks to Charlie (the birthday boy) for a very friendly welcome when we arrived after a weary day on the WHW. The bedrooms are very clean and beds are very comfortable. Breakfast was ample and nothing was too much bother. I would certainly recommend Craigbank to anyone staying in Crainlarich. Thanks for trying to contact my mate staying in the other hotel when I had no signal on my mobile - just an example of Charlies hospitality. Will certainly be back.

newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 14 April 2012

on reaching Crianlarich in pouring rain our digs were a welcome sight. they are right next door (across a big car park) from the pub - the Rod & Reel. an excellent location.
a lovely warm house right on the main road with a first rate host.
a large drying room was put to use , the landlord had thoughtfully left a supply of newspapers for boot drying.
a smallish but adequate room with a good shower over a bath.
a smashing breakfast served in a large conservatory - shame that we were in a monsoon!!
if i ever return to Crianlarich i will stay here.

Barnsley, England
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have done many long distance walks in the past including The Pennine Way, Cleveland Way, C2C to name a few but we are agreed that this is THE best B&B we have EVER stayed in.
Charlie, the owner, goes the extra mile and the drying facilities are the best we have ever comes across
Everything was faultless and breakfast was superb with everything thought out!
6 star Charlie and we will be recommending you big time
One last thing, it's 1/2 mile downhill from the WHW but it takes 15mins and trust me, it's worth it - the Rod & Reel next door is a bit like a Working Men's Club in England but the food and beer are first class especially the haggis , a photo of which I've posted!

• Stayed April 2012
tarbolton
Reviewed 8 April 2012

thoroughly enjoyed our nights stay in the craigbank during our latest walking holiday,found the guest house spotless with charlie the owner most helpfull.the house has recently been refurbished to a high standard also a quiet pub next door is handy.we,re booked again for september need i say more

Room Tip: if walking ask for a room with a bath!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ian a
glasgow
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I stayed here with a group of friends whilst walking the WHW. I arrived before my friends as I was missing a section due to sore feet! Charlie was very friendly and welcoming and couldnt be any more helpful. The rooms were beautiful, pristine and fresh and the house was a joy to stay in. There is a lovely sitting room with books, tv etc for relaxing in at night. Great nights sleep and lovely breakfast in the morning in the conservatory with little coloured teapots! Highly recommended place to stay. I cant wait to go back with my husband and spend a bit more time in Crianlarich- lots of nice wee pubs to visit and lovely scenery. Charlie went out of his way to help us - making phone calls for us and making sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crianlarich
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
#1 of 10 in Crianlarich
Luib Hotel
Luib Hotel
#2 of 4 in Crianlarich

Been to Craigbank Guest House? Share your experiences!