Craigbank Guest House
Ardlui Hotel(Ardlui)
Inversnaid Hotel(Inversnaid)
Clachan Cottage Hotel(Lochearnhead)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdrying roomwest highland wayb blocal hotelrod reelsoy milkthe puba wonderful stayclean roomshill walkingcooked breakfastnice breakfastovernight staynext morningwarm welcomehis wifeloch lomond
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Craigbank Guest House. It was our first stop in Scotland and we were warmly welcomed by Charlie. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfasts were delicious and served in a wonderful solarium. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristin M
Reviewed 11 January 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here. Charlie was most accommodating....and his wife was the "guest cook" the next morning! I don't know how anyone can have any complaints. The food was great, the hosts were charming, and the room was large (we had the one in the back). We were on our way to Glencoe and stopped here for the night. I am glad we did....I would recommend it to anyone going that way. Why stay in a chain when you can stay here?

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Myself and two other friends stayed at Craigbank having walked the WHW and made our way back to Crianlarich for our last night. Charlie the owner was extremely helpful and friendly and takes pride in his guest house.

Rooms were tidy, immaculate and homely and I really have never stayed in another B and B like it, really fantastic. As for the road noise mentioned in an earlier review I had a room at the front and never heard a thing.

A really nice place to come and stay with a good hearty breakfast.

If you want somewhere to eat the Rod and Reel beside has excellent food even though its decor is not fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We stayed here on our third night while walking the West Highland Way. The owner was very friendly and we received a warm welcome, which was all the more notable since we had just finished a 20-mile walk and were soaking wet and muddy!

Our room was at the front. I can’t comment on any traffic noise (as other reviewers have mentioned) because after a long day and good dinner I was asleep within seconds. Comfortable pillows and a good thick duvet certainly helped ensure that!

Craigbank contains lots of well-thought-out touches that make it ideal for walkers: a drying room, laundry facilities, wi-fi. My wife is lactose intolerant and we received a small pot of soya milk in the room when we arrived, and again at breakfast the next day – again a small touch that makes a big difference to our impression of the place.

It is right next door to the Rod & Reel pub which, while it would be unlikely to win a Michelin Star in the near future, provides good food for tired ramblers.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2012

One of the best B and B's I,ve ever stayed in. Very clean and tidy everywhere, and nothing is too much trouble for Charlie, the host, and his staff. Breakfast is plentiful, and with lots of choices. I have stayed here several times, and shall again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo