“Tip Top”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crianlarich
London, United Kingdom
“Tip Top”
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed here after hard day on the West Highland way.. Arrived soaked and eaten alive by the midges... Was given a warm welcome, and a much appreciated coffee whilst my lodge was sorted.
Lodge was smaller than I expected, but certainly big enough for my needs.. Nice powerful shower, if only a little on the small side.
The attached bar was great, everyone was really friendly, and Billy Connolly impersonator kept us entertained strumming his guitar.
Great stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Clifford W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 2 June 2013

After an incredible long walk of 30 miles I arrived at the bar where I was welcomed by the most kind woman.
After a cold drink she showed me the lodge which I had booked.
The lodge was small but very complete.
The shower was very small but enough to get clean.
After I had changed I went for dinner in the restaurant.
I chose soup, chicken wih haggis an for dessert strawberries.
All food was okay. and the service was very good.
The next day I took breakfast. This was ok.
Will come back because of the service.

Room Tip: If you do not need a lot of space: go for these lodges!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Evert G
Sale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I stayed here with two other guys when motorbiking through Scotland. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The accommodation was in a wood cabin, which wasn't massive, but was large enough to accommodate three bikers in comfort. There was plenty of space to park the bikes right outside the cabin. The evening meal was good, honest pub food. The place was very busy that evening, but the staff went out of their way to ensure that we were accommodated in the restaurant. There were some very Scottish touches in the bar area, including kilted bar stools! Breakfast was Full Scottish and served promptly with a smile. The only reason it gets 4 not 5 stars is that the accommodation is in need of some refurbishment - catches that don't close, worn floor coverings, that sort of thing. However, all the important stuff worked - heaters, shower, TV, etc. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Lowick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here with two others when walking the West Highland Way, at the end of a long 20 miles plus what appeared to be a long walk down the hill from the route to Crianlarich.
The staff were very welcoming and served excellent food and drink.
Accommodation was in a cosy cabin, which while not huge was large enough to sort out a change of clothes and provide a refreshing shower.
Breakfast was ideal and packed lunch did the job for the next day's walk.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Only stopped here by chance due to disappointing experience at a hotel up the road.(sat at a table for 15 minutes, only to ignored) but im glad of that. This place was the opposite. A warm welcome as you come through the door, made to feel comfortable and that nothing was too much trouble.
The food was served in a timely fashion and was very nicely presented. The portion size was maybe on only thing I could fault....it was way too big..lol..put on a few pounds after that meal.

I can recommend the steak and ale pie. It was packed with steak and the gravy was gorgeous.

Will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Popped in here for lunch and found it very cosy and warm (had a real fire) and the staff were extremely friendly & welcoming. The walls were covered in written comments by travellers on the West Highland Way, and though not to everyone's taste & found it novel and interesting to read what visitors thought of Scotland.
The pool table area was attractive with paintings of Scottish castles, etc.
A very Scottish-themed pub, which left me disappointed when I ordered Soup of the Day... to be given tomato soup! A broth, lentil or leek & potato soup would be more in line with the theme?
I'd definitely return here though as it was very welcoming.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary R
neilybhoy
Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here along with my two friends on day 2 of our walk on the west highland way. We arrived at around 7.30 pm and were met by staff who appeared concerned for our safety as we had been walking in the dark. The staff could not have been any friendlier and welcoming. Our bags had already been delivered to our rooms, which doesnt sound like a big deal, howevere after a long day of walking it is. Our room was like a cabin and had 3 single beds. There was plenty of room and the room was very well heated, en suite with sky tv. Our room was a 30 sec walk to the main building where we had our dinner. A lovely meal was had. I can only apologise to the staff as I was so exhausted mentally and physically that I could not engage in much chat. All our needs were met, and yes we did manage to finish the west highland way walk...just! I wood definitely recommend a stay here. Thank you

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crianlarich
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
Ardeonaig Hotel
#1 of 1 in Ardeonaig
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to Ben More Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!