“Wonderful entertainmnet”

and 1 more site!
Ben More Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crianlarich
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We did not stay at the Ben More buy ate there every evening during a week's walking in early June. We kept coming back because the food was wonderful, especially the homemade steak and ale pie. The prices are reasonable and the service very good.
The music laid on by the owner and his friends really made the evenings. Everyone was welcome to join in if they could sing or play and several visitors did.
The landlord and landlady afforded everyone a very sincere Scottish welcome which touched the heartstrings of these 2 Irish walkers.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LondonShona
There are newer reviews for Ben More Lodge Hotel

Reviewed 25 July 2014

What else can i say, bed and breakfast for 3 of us for 66 quid, the room was very comfy, facilities in the lodges were very good for the price and what is to be expected, its not glamorous with 5* facilities and it never ever tries to be, what the Ben More Lodge does though is that it focuses on its qualities to make sure you have a fantastic time

The staff were amazingly friendly as they have always been, always up for a chat, happy to deal with anything and basically its somewhere that you leave feeling like you want to go back there again asap.

The rooms will be a bit dusty but given the location of the lodge its hard to keep it clean all the time.

I'll be back there no problems, love that part of scotland and the Ben More Lodge makes it so much better.

Thats the 2nd time ive been there and i absolutely love it

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Charles G
Reviewed 6 July 2014

booked in for one night, room quite small with tv and basic sky but I suppose its all you need. bathroom had shower with shower curtain. was clean enough inside and could do with new carpet but could definitely do with a bit tlc outside. lots of cobwebs around door and quite a few weeds outside. whole area has lots of potential but just needs some time and money spent on it. restaurant area is fine and both evening meal and breakfast were good and portion sizes were very generous. I probably wouldnt use it again because the bed was really uncomfortable but if you just needed to get your head down for the night its ok

Room Tip: don't get number 9, bed is very uncomfortable, but room really quiet considering its just of the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

fisrt of our 10 nights in scotland room clean and well equiped although small met our needs, with own bathroom with shower. heated towel rail a bonus.
seating outside to each lodge made a pleasant evening.
the food served at both evening and breakfast next day was served quickly and hot and tasty.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Booked in for a one night stop on the way to Fort William, reception area is in the bar where a young girl arrived and checked us in explaining the set up for the lodges including breakfast times etc

The lodge itself was what I expected for the price I paid, the main reason for booking in to the lodge was to get a good nights sleep before cycling to Fort William and had no plans to hang about the room so for me the room was ideal.

The bed was comfortable and I was surprised that we all got a good nights sleep as the lodges are close to the busy main road, on the downside the cobwebs and dust in the room indicates lack of cleaning and attention to detail (my wife has asthma and was concerned about the amount of dust) A curtain in the bathroom would be good as other guests on balcony can see in if the window is open.

Evening meal was ok, Chicken Balmoral sauce was just cream poured over the chicken with no taste of the mentioned whisky and lacked flavour which let the dish down, kids portions were a good size which my daughter enjoyed clearing her plate, dessert menu had three desserts missing and by this point I had lost interest and asked for the bill. There was no atmosphere in the bar or restaurant but it was a Monday night.

I didn't have breakfast as I left at 5am, my wife mentioned that it was ok, I asked to see the family room for future reference and they looked very spacious good size bathroom with a separate room for the children to sleep, if I returned to the lodges in the future I would book a family room as they have more space.

Had the room been cleaner I would have scored it Very Good, shame as the hotel has potential just needs a little care and attention.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I booked this online for myself and elderly parents whilst touring in Scotland where the hotel website said 'modern and comfortable accommodation' and 'spacious and comfortable'. Really nothing could have been further from the truth. The welcome we received (or should I say no welcome) was appalling I didn't even receive an acknowledgement that I had spoken before being instructed to follow her to our rooms. We were told in no uncertain terms not to arrive for breakfast at even ten to eight as we would not be served until eight! The rooms were small, damp and stank of stale urine with barely enough room to get around the bed. The showers had mould and I would not have been able to use them let alone ask my elderly parents to do so. When we told the person that had showed us to our rooms that we were not staying, there was no apology, no enquiry as to what the problem was and a couldn't care less attitude. We left to seek accommodation elsewhere and they had the cheek to charge me full price on my card. Don't believe the website, this is very much a case of oversell underdeliver and frankly with the couldn't care less attitude that we experienced from the only staff member that we met I am surprised they are still in business. Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Fiona S
Reviewed 15 June 2014

If only more places were like this! I couldn't care less about stuffy facilities, en suites and all the silly fripperies that some people rate - but Ben More certainly got right what is important to us. At this hotel, we were cheerily welcomed after a long drive - kids and dogs welcomed with open arms (and that is rare!). We were shown our cabin style accommodation that in every way suited us as a family and then were ushered into the bar with a good atmosphere where we drank fine beer, chatted to locals and tourists, the children played pool and we listened to an impromptu live band playing informally in the corner. Others joined in the vocals, and our dogs were greeted without the usual fuss and nonsense about health & safety. I can honestly say that this was quite the friendliest place we have stayed for years and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. The breakfast was great, too. If you want a good time rather than all the boxes ticked (how boring!) then stay here - it's worth every penny, and we are recommending it to all our friends with children and dogs. It's a winner!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank H P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crianlarich
Best Western The Crianlarich Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
The Lake of Menteith Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port of Menteith

Been to Ben More Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!