I drove my girlfirend up from Yorkshire to the picturesque Glen Dochart where we enjoyed the best accommodation that the Highlands can offer. Waking up with stunning views from our balcony over the Glen was the perfect start to the mornings. We decided to make it a romantic holiday but if we had wanted to be more active then there was lots on offer from bikes to canoeing, from fishing to walking. Cameron and Elaine were always on hand to offer advise - they were brilliant hosts and are one of the reasons we will definitly be returning. Hogamanay itself was spent on the banks of Loch Dochart with the other lodge guests, a whisky in hand and a large bonfire to keep us warm. The fireworks and bagpiper made it a truly Scottish experience. New Years started with a the annual 'loony dook' - a charity led jump into the loch to clear away any hangover (a whisky before hand is maybe advisable!!). This was followed by a New Years Day ceilidh in nearby Killen where my girlfriend and I were introduced to proper Scottish Highland dancing by the local community. Thanks again to Cameron and Elaine and of course 'wee' baby Taylor!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portnellan. Where memories are made. This years finalist for the Visitscotland's Thistle Award in the category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region. Portnellan has a 'Certificate of Excellence' from Tripadvisor for the fifth year running with over 190 reviews from guests. A tasteful collection of 4 and 5 star self catering holiday properties owned and run by the Taylor family for over 35 years. Located just outside the picturesque village of Crianlarich within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. A great central location for touring and visiting many of Scotland's attractions and adventure. All properties are positioned thoughtfully on a small private estate with sensational views of loch, glen and mountains. There are many activities onsite to enjoy including free use of rowing boats, Canadian canoes, kayaks and estate loch and river fishing. In addition there is an on site visitors centre with a small essentials shop, fresh organic meat (perfect for BBQing or home cooking), local information, board games and DVDs. Mountain bikes, clay pigeon shooting, WiFi, SKY TV package and BBQ hire are also available. All properties are tastefully appointed to 4 and 5 star standard varying in size from 1 to 5 bedroom with stunning views across the loch, mountain and glen. Other features include Egyptian Cotton bed linen and king size beds with pocket sprung mattresses. Some properties even have sauna and spa bath. There are even fresh eggs available from our hand reared chickens (when laying). This beautiful accommodation is available for short breaks, weeks or longer all year round. A family business for over 30 years proud of their Highland hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Portnellan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portnellan Hotel Crianlarich
- Portnellan Crianlarich, Scotland