We visited Portnellan for 4 days during mid August and I have to say.....Amazing! Everything was 'just right', from the welcome, to the extremely well equipped lodge. We were very pleased to find knives that were sharp, plenty of pots/pans and many other useful cooking utensils. For me, these are the small details that if ignored, can lead to significant disappointment. We had a couple of enjoyable day trips (Oban & Stirling), but each time, it was great to get back to 'relaxation central'. The views are absolutely stunning, but do need to be experienced first hand.....The well stocked Reception area was also a pleasant surprise, with games, dvds, phone chargers all available fee of charge and Camerons knowledge of the surrounding area and 'things to do' was excellent. It looks like our daughters ice skating will bring us to Scotland again next year, so hopefully, a return visit will be on the cards.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Portnellan. Where memories are made. This years finalist for the Visitscotland's Thistle Award in the category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region. Portnellan has a 'Certificate of Excellence' from Tripadvisor for the fifth year running with over 190 reviews from guests. A tasteful collection of 4 and 5 star self catering holiday properties owned and run by the Taylor family for over 35 years. Located just outside the picturesque village of Crianlarich within the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park. A great central location for touring and visiting many of Scotland's attractions and adventure. All properties are positioned thoughtfully on a small private estate with sensational views of loch, glen and mountains. There are many activities onsite to enjoy including free use of rowing boats, Canadian canoes, kayaks and estate loch and river fishing. In addition there is an on site visitors centre with a small essentials shop, fresh organic meat (perfect for BBQing or home cooking), local information, board games and DVDs. Mountain bikes, clay pigeon shooting, WiFi, SKY TV package and BBQ hire are also available. All properties are tastefully appointed to 4 and 5 star standard varying in size from 1 to 5 bedroom with stunning views across the loch, mountain and glen. Other features include Egyptian Cotton bed linen and king size beds with pocket sprung mattresses. Some properties even have sauna and spa bath. There are even fresh eggs available from our hand reared chickens (when laying). This beautiful accommodation is available for short breaks, weeks or longer all year round. A family business for over 30 years proud of their Highland hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Portnellan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Portnellan Hotel Crianlarich
- Portnellan Crianlarich, Scotland