Braeside Loch Lomond
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Drymen
See available hotels
Kirkhouse Inn(Strathblane)
View Hotel
Kincaid House Hotel(Milton of Campsie)
Smiths Hotel(Kirkintilloch)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscup of teafirst stopwarm welcomewest highland wayb bfirst nighton arrivalcharming hostsdinner reservationsself catering apartmentroom was beautifully appointedbeautiful area of scotlandwould love to visit againquality breakfastguest housewould highly recommend staying herenice chat
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at Braeside last year at the start of our walk on the West Highland Way, so when I decided to "go solo" this year, there could be no other place for me to stay but Braeside. When I arrived, I was welcomed by Colin and I felt I was meeting an old friend again. We had a lovely conversation and a most welcome cup of tea and biscuits. Soon we were joined by other guests who were also treated to tea and good conversation. This year, I had a lovely room in the barn where my luggage had already been placed. The room was superbly comfortable, well decorated and so clean and supplied with lovely toiletries. Breakfast, cooked by Colin and served by Gillian was delicious and there was also lovely fresh fruit to be had. I also took away a gargantuan packed lunch! Scott was away this time and I am sorry I missed him. For me, there is nowhere else I would wish to stay in Drymen and I hope to go back again. Thank you, Colin, for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Braeside5, Owner at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

It is always good to see previous guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again - I am just sorry that I did not get to see you this time. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for saying such kind things. As you know, you are always welcome in the future. Best wishes, S

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We chose Braeside as our first stop on the WHW due to the excellent reviews and from the photos on the website. It did not disappoint. Colin and Scott have created a lovely B&B. The rooms are tastefully decorated and Colin is a very gracious host. (We didn't meet Scott this time). Braeside is very centrally located and only a few steps from several dinner options. This will be our first choice for accommodation in the area.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am sorry I did not get to meet you! Delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about the house too - we like it and hope others do too. Colin will be pleased to know that you liked his breakfast. Hope you had a great holiday? You would be very welcome in the future. S

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Colin and Scott's welcoming B and B is easy to find the Main Street in Drymen, Loch Lomond.
Colin's welcome after we'd had a lengthy but enjoyable first day on the West Highland Way was 5 star, and the tea/coffee much appreciated.The bedrooms and facilities were comfortable and well appointed, and we felt very much at home. Colin gave us impartial advice about evening meals and booked a table at the venue of our choice. Breakfast was delicious and set us up for the next stage of our walk to Rowardennan.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

It was our pleasure to have you with us and we are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will come back and see us again - Rob Roy Way next?! We hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

What a wonderful stay after our first day walking the West Highland Way. Colin and Scott welcomed us warmly with tea and conversation. Our room was very comfortable and clean, the Braeside is perfectly located in the center of Drymen, and breakfast was delicious!

Highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Braeside - much appreciated. thank you too for your kind words. Colin, the chef, will be delighted to hear that you liked his breakfast! We look forward to welcoming you back at some point in the future, you will be very welcome.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Thanks Colin & scott,

Great stay at Colin and Scott nice frendly People and they do to much for you They booked the Clachan for a dinner, get a stamp for our WHW paspoort. Good room with good beds. Breakfast okey and we get packed lunch for the next day. ;-)

And a good tip to go too the Island of inchcailloch at the Oak Tree Inn.

We had a great time!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

It was our pleasure to have you stay at Braeside. We are glad that you liked the house. Good to hear that you got to Inchcailloch too - always very beautiful in May. We look forward to welcoming you back to Braeside and Scotland in the future.