Braeside Loch Lomond
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Ashbank B&B(Drymen)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscup of teafirst stopwarm welcomewest highland wayfirst nighton arrivalcharming hostsdinner reservationsself catering apartmentroom was beautifully appointedbeautiful area of scotlandwould love to visit againquality breakfastguest housewould highly recommend staying herenice chatclose proximity
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Lovely, caring couple who could not be more helpful, efficient and friendly. Our room was beautifully appointed and very comfortable. Breakfast delicious and advice excellent. Loved the Scottish artists' works which complemented the atmosphere.

We look forward to returning next year.

Room Tip: All are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Braeside5, Owner at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take our guest feedback very seriously. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Most of the art is by Alison Cowan or Cecilia Forrest - you can find their work online! Both are Glasgow based.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Warm welcome, lovely room, spotlessly clean, excellent breakfast and tasty packed lunch. If I was running a B&B this is how I would like it to be. Would thoroughly recommend it to any WHW walkers. Colin was really friendly and helpful, gave us good tips for dinner and got us back onto the WHW in the morning.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take our guest feedback very seriously. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. If you ever do own that B&B we will be happy to pass on good advice!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I arrived and was met by both hosts. I was offered coffee which was good shown to my room which was far more than adequate. The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was a joy and very well cooked.

I have no hesitation in recommending this B&B if you are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We take our guest feedback very seriously. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to welcoming you again in the future. Colin will be delighted to know that you liked his breakfast!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

A lovely welcome from Colin at the end of my first day on the WHW. He was very helpful, providing me with a hairdryer, hot water in a flask (as there was a problem with the kettle) & recommendations for dinner. The room was superb - lovely decor, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was perfect - especially the Dorset cereal! My packed lunch was very good too. I would wholeheartedly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Braeside5, Owner at Braeside Loch Lomond, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Braeside and for saying such kind things. It is our aim to make your stay with us as comfortable as possible. Glad you liked the cereal - that is a new one we are trialling. It sounds as though it is being well received. Do come again - Rob Roy Way next? It starts in Drymen. It would be our pleasure to see you again.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at Braeside last year at the start of our walk on the West Highland Way, so when I decided to "go solo" this year, there could be no other place for me to stay but Braeside. When I arrived, I was welcomed by Colin and I felt I was meeting an old friend again. We had a lovely conversation and a most welcome cup of tea and biscuits. Soon we were joined by other guests who were also treated to tea and good conversation. This year, I had a lovely room in the barn where my luggage had already been placed. The room was superbly comfortable, well decorated and so clean and supplied with lovely toiletries. Breakfast, cooked by Colin and served by Gillian was delicious and there was also lovely fresh fruit to be had. I also took away a gargantuan packed lunch! Scott was away this time and I am sorry I missed him. For me, there is nowhere else I would wish to stay in Drymen and I hope to go back again. Thank you, Colin, for everything.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

It is always good to see previous guests. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us again - I am just sorry that I did not get to see you this time. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for saying such kind things. As you know, you are always welcome in the future. Best wishes, S