“One of the best steaks I've had! And I have had a few!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Drymen Inn

The Drymen Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Drymen
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gorgeous and friendly hotel with freshly prepared and locally sourced food in restaurant. 5 cosy rooms double/twin all with TV and ensuite services. Ideal for West Highland Way and touring beautiful Scotland- or if just passing by for a drink or meal.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best steaks I've had! And I have had a few!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Very friendly and fast service from all the staff. I ordered the ribeye which was very tasty and cooked to perfection. Meat locally sourced from a farm down the road, it was simply superb! Food presented well, posh pub grub without the price or being to fancy.

Portsmouth
“Well done the superb Drymen Inn!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

A friend and I went for dinner at the Drymen Inn one night whilst staying in the area, and had a really great experience! We were warmly welcomed upon arrival, seated in a very smart, renovated & clean restaurant. The waitress was very friendly & gave excellent service, making time to ask how our holiday was and where we were from etc. we both had the leek & potato soup for starter which was excellent, fresh ingredients, lovely texture and piping hot, also with very tasty bread. I then had one of the specials of the day, a chicken supreme with mash & veg which was fantastic, the chicken couldn't have tasted nicer, my friend had one of the homemade burgers with chips & coleslaw which was really excellent, again all homemade, great quality and very well priced for what you got! Desert was particularly nice, a white chocolate cheesecake and sticky toffee pudding, utterly faultless!

All in all, a brilliant evening meal, the food was done to a very high standard, the place looked and felt smart and the staff couldn't do enough to help and we're very welcoming! Well done everyone at the Drymen Inn, we will certainly be returning when we visit next!

Visited May 2014
scotland
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We visited on the first evening of the west highland way. The staff were friendly and attentive but the food wasn't very good. I ordered fish and chips, the fish was nice but the chips were dry and the mushy peas that came in a small pot had been microwaved into a solid lump of dryness, my husband ordered the pork medallions which actually turned out to be a pork of some other description and the 3 spears of asparagus were cold and over cooked, again the cheesecake was average, i would not visit again.

• Visited May 2014
“Nice but... ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We visited this pub for a drink and decided to stay for dinner. Waiting staff were very polite and courteous. We had steak and ale pie with vegetables and creamy mash, haggis neeps and tatties. Portions were disappointingly small. More like a starter than a main course portion and it was more expensive than your average pub grub. On saying this the food we had was very tasty and piping hot, just the portion sizes were disappointing. Not sure we will hurry back for food but the pub, staff and atmosphere was lovely.

Stockport, England, United Kingdom
“A lovely setting but we were left a bit disappointed by the food!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The pub itself is really nicely designed and decorated and we had decided to eat there on the Saturday night of our trip, hoping it would be a 'treat' to end our weekend visit. However, although the location was lovely, we were left a bit disappointed by the food. We shared the haggis spring rolls for starter and these were lovely. However, after quite a long wait our mains arrived and this is where we felt disappointed. We had ordered the sea bream on crushed potatoes with green beans and were underwhelmed to receive a very small fillet of fish with about 2 new potatoes sliced into thin sections with 2 or 3 green beans chopped up on them. It really was not ample size for a main meal and priced at £12.95 it seemed very poor value. The fish itself was nice, but the presentation and size let the dish down greatly. Luckily, due to a recent operation, I couldn't eat all of my meal so my husband was able to fill up on my leftovers. However, had he not been able to, he'd have been left rather hungry I think! The service was also quite disappointing. We were asked 4 times if we were ready to order, within the space of about 5 mins and yet we'd not even received our drinks. It all seemed a bit rushed. However, once we had ordered, everything seemed to slow down and we couldn't find staff to order a 2nd drink and then the food took a long time to arrive. It was certainly not the worst pub experience we've ever had and there's plenty of promise in the place - it just needs to improve some of it's food / service offering and there will be a leading place in the village. Until then, I'd have to recommend the Clachan Inn sorry!

• Visited April 2014