“Absolutely Outstanding”

Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Drymen
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Only spent one night here. Wish it was much, much longer. Staff were out of this world. Kitty and the young night manager (sorry forget the name) really couldn't do enough and constantly had a smile on their face. Unbelievable food, huge spotless room, beautiful setting and amazing staff. Needless to say I will be back. Can't praise the entire experience highly enough.

• Stayed: February 2014
BAH_management, General Manager at Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

regards

Volker

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Stayed here on Valentines Day with my wife and was absolutely delighted with every aspect of our trip. Although I'd been in the hotel many times over the years (I grew up not far away) for drinks & wedding functions Id never actually stayed there so I booked it as a secret Valentine trip for my wife as I knew Drymen is a lovely little village with some great pubs.
As it was a mystery until she got there it was really important that my choice was good and the hotel certainly lived up to my expectations, my wife and I had a fantastic time. The service is excellent, we are members of the MacDonald Hotel Club and stay frequently at various MacDonald Group Hotels, and the service here certainly matched that.
Special thank's to Kitty for organising us a table at an earlier time for dinner as it was so busy.
Dinner and breakfast was great quality food prepared well and served with attentive service and we really enjoyed that aspect of our stay too. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone.
Try the Clachan Inn when out and about in Drymen itself, a great little pub in a nice country village.

Room Tip: Communal hall areas could do with a lick of paint and oil on very squeeky doors.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Lovely welcoming hotel, I've stayed here a few times and the welcome is always warm. The facilities are good with a swimming pool and well equipped gym, the rooms are well kitted out and comfortable and the bar area is very nice

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian E
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We stayed at the buchanan arms on a last minute deal dbb and have to say we had a fantastic time. We had a friendly reception from staff. Room was extremely spacious and spotless. We used leisure facilities that were extremely well maintained. For dinner we had a great choice and service was great. Great selection for breakfast and again service was great. Overall fantastic stay and will definitely be back :)

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank michicunningham
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Myself and 17 others had the pleasure of attending the above function over 2 nights, to celebrate a birthday, in the Buchanan Arms Hotel. I just want it noted that our experience was totally magnificent, and totally exceeded our expectations. The staff were helpful, cheerful, accommodating, pleasant, and efficient. The hotel was warm and cosy. The rooms were clean and many of us had rooms which were very spacious. We ate in the hotel both evenings and the food was excellent and service in the dining room was very good. I would mention however on the Sunday morning, there appeared to be insufficient staff for the number of people dining, and there were delays in receiving coffee and toast (and porridge). Overall, a very pleasant experience, and believe me, we are not easy to please. Keep up the good work in respect of the refurbishment, and we will return soon. I promise.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen C
Reviewed 22 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Drymen
Winnock Hotel
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
Loch Long Hotel
#3 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club? Share your experiences!