Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club
Kirkhouse Inn(Strathblane)
  • Restaurant
Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)
1,335 results
All reviewsleisure facilitiessteam roomhaven spahot buffetafternoon tealovely hotelloch lomondleisure clubwedding venuesalmon wraplounge areadb ban overnight stayevening mealshort breakrestaurant staffbuffet style
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staying with a party of 6 at the hotel, B&B for 2 nights. Our room was certainly fine along with en suite bathroom. However our sleep was interrupted on both nights due to excessive creaking floorboards from the room above (Room no.25 was the culprit, I checked this out the next morning).
We were hoping to sleep until the back of eight on Saturday morning, but people in the room above were continually creaking about from 7.00 am, absolutely infuriating! Sunday morning wasn`t quite so bad. I realise the hotel is a fairly old building, but this problem needs to be urgently attended to by the owners.
Breakfast service on Saturday morning was a bit shambolic, as stated by the previous reviewer (kovwirana), however Sunday morning breakfast service was much improved.

In general, reception / bar / waiting staff were friendly and helpful, however breakfast / dining area staff need to be better organised and more attentive to hotel guests needs.

I would certainly stay at the hotel again, but would be looking to see improvements relative to the above.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not below Room 25!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I got married in Buchanan Arms in Nov 2013 and had a very good experience from start to finish!

I actually was at a wedding fair talking to another venue who I'd been hoping to book, and after a lukewarm response from them I visited the Buchanan Arms stall right across the isle - and I'm glad I did! That day, the person was so friendly and helpful that me and my mum and sisters visited the venue that very day and my mind was made up!

Despite the wedding coordinator leaving just a short time before the actual day, the hotel went out of their way to do everything they could - including answering ALL of my many questions. Lorna took over coordination of the day and her, along with all the staff were amazing. Although I didn't deal with her on the day, my sister couldn't praise Kitty enough who was there too, setting up and dealing with my homemade backdrop etc! Everything was done exactly as I wanted.

The hotel itself was lovely and all of our guests have said so too - my ONE tiny gripe about the whole day was moving from our room the night before into all of our rooms for the actual wedding night. Cleaners wanted in whilst we were getting hair and makeup done and there was a bit of faffing around to sort out but Nothing major, just a minor thing! Everyone got into their rooms as early as possible, way before check in which was also brill.

Me and my bridesmaids used the spa facilities which were amazing, great massages and swim and sauna which was also used the next day by those brave enough to do it with their hangovers.

Lastly, the reception itself - food was great, they catered to my weird request for my VERY fussy brother with no hesitation, and made sure everything ran smoothly - the dj that came as part of the package was nothing short of AMAZING and was very well received by everyone - music was perfect for our taste and a great party was had with everyone dancing all night! Really, there's nothing I would change and would highly recommend Buchanan Arms for a wedding venue - my photographers actually got a snap of all of the staff sitting at the top table wearing some of our wacky photo booth items which was awesome and fun to see when we got our photos back,and really just highlighted the fun atmosphere alongside the utmost professionalism through the whole process - thanks so much!
Louise and Craig Swan (16/11/13)

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
BAH_management, General Manager at Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Guest

we loved to host your wedding day here at the hotel, we had as much fun hosting your event as you enjoyed your day.
We wish you both all the best and don't forget us for these Anniversaries.

Regards

Volker Steinemann

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I got married here on 3rd May and I cannot fault it at all !! My day was perfect from start to end. Staff were so helpful and cheerful, they made our day so special. The duty manager Andrew in particular was very attentive. Also Volker was helpful when we were organising everything. Food is so delicious, I can't wait to go back for a meal !!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Suzannew123

Dear Guest

thank you for your lovely review, we try our best to ensure our guests have a fab time.

regards

Volker

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Stopped over when visiting friend in Rowardenan,looked good on arrival we were directed to our rooms a check in. it was a maze to find room, there was some upgrading being carried out,we got to our room which was tired and needed some TLC, small window looking out at back of Hotel onto overgrown gutters, and the bathroom you could not sit on toilet straight because of doorway,the bed was large, linen very clean and it was very comfortable,one of the best sleeps i have had in a hotel,but to breakfast the following morning i can only describe as a joke!, not a great selection to be had,you had to make your own toast you were given one cup tea/coffee then you had to fill from a flask yourself ,ceareals and juices were ok but a buffet there only was watery scrambled egg and you have to order fried eggs from staff who all seemed to be trying to avoid you,i would say one of the worst breakfast's i have had in my travel,s,would have to think if i would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Had an excellent day with the girls for our spa and lunch trip food and service were great.On arrival we were greeted with warm welcome at reception.The service in the dining area was great and the food was cooked to perfection.The spa was excellent as was the reception we got there aswell

Stayed: May 2014