Elmbank Drymen
US$98
US$91
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel(Luss)(Great Value!)
US$197
Travelocity
Kirkhouse Inn(Strathblane)
US$156
US$113
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Rob Roy Hotel(Aberfoyle)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$64
Travelodge
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
All reviewsstaying nightsb bstayed heregreat sleepbed was very comfortablehostwhwfacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 December 2013

We stayed here for 1 night as part of our West Highland Way walk. It was a wonderful stay and, after visiting many B&B in Europe it is certainly one of the best! The place has quite a selection of rooms of various sizes and with shared/private showers, making it comfortable to pick the room best suitable for one's needs. We stayed on the second floor in the room opposite the dining room. This particular room wasn't huge, but was perfect for our needs. It had the most comfortable bed in our entire trip to Scotland with a new mattress, soft and indulging pillows & fluffy blankets, which was a real bundle of joy after a day of walking. The room had a huge flat TV screen with lots of channels and a nice little sitting area by a lovely French window overlooking the garden. The kitchen offered various choices of teas and some biscuits. As it was raining heavily that day, our experience indoors was nice and cozy. The room had a small ensuit with a shower but we were also invited to use the large bathroom downstairs. The place was spotless clean. Breakfast had a large and fresh choice of fruit, and also cereals, cheese, etc. The place was located near nice restaurants and close to the path continuing into the West Highland Way. Carol, was a very nice, welcoming and caring host. When she heard that my trekking shoes were making my feet swollen she gave me all the blister prevention patches she could find, which later really eased my walking experience!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My second stop on The West Highland Way, Elmbank, could not have been better. I had a room, with a kitchen and a lovely comfortable lounge, where I could check the weather on a large screen TV. Breakfast was great and was accompanied by some interesting conversation with my host. Hope to be back next year.

Room Tip: I was the only occupant at the time and had the apartment at the rear of the house, if available would recommend it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I can not recommended Elmbank enough. Our every need was catered for making our stay from beginning to end just brilliant. On arrival we were given a warm welcome and made to feel at home. The endless tea & coffee was superb, as was the breakfast. The room in which we stayed was lovely, bed super comfy and overall very clean.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This is a lovely home from home. Great location and all the home comforts you could wish for. Carol was an excellent host and couldn't do enough for us. Despite having a self catering apartment, she gave us run of the rest of her beautiful home. She lit fires for us in the evening, allowed us to eat in her big dining room and her breakfasts were hearty. Cheerful, friendly and very hospitable, can't wait to go back later in the year to really make use of the big log burner.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ellen O
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Elmbank as part of the WHW.

I couldn't have asked for more, this was so much better than I expected from a b&b.

The rooms are great, amenities are superb with the kitchen at your disposal and a tv room for relaxing after a hard days walk. So relaxing which was very welcome.

Breakfast was great, plenty of choice and the landlady more than helpful.

If I need accommodation in Drymen I will certainly be back again.

• Stayed: July 2013