The Lake of Menteith Hotel(Port of Menteith)
US$198
US$193
  • Breakfast included
US$252
US$153
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$190/night.

Gartmore House(Gartmore)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe rivertoilet blocksmall sitegreat weekendred squirrelsbeautiful sitedish washing areastayed here for nightsstaff were very friendlythe pubshort driveon arrivaltentpitchcampingforestcampers
Reviewed 16 April 2018

We have come to this campsite twice now I wasn't sure how many stars to give as the campsite itself is only ok toilets are nice and clean although not keen on the 2 showers being completely separate with no sink so you have to go up a further flight of stairs to brush your teeth and do your morning pee before going back down for your shower a stupid minor complaint that makes us seem lazy. The other negative is that on this occasion we were put on pitch 30 which was just mud so our camper and car is filthy. Wi the rain its understandable the grass is going to be a bit squelchy but why didn't they just put us on a hardstanding pitch or even one of the many many pitches around us that were empty and actually had grass on them instead of putting us on mud of course we probably should of had a moan at the time and requested to be moved but we didn't so thats that.

Now the negatives are out of the way time for positives the toilets as I said were pretty much spotless every time we went in the staff were friendly and the best thing is the location directly from the site are brilliant walks for the kids and the dog and even longer ones without the kids we really enjoyed our stay and on both occasions they have allowed us to stay past check out time to go one final walk as long as the camper was all folded away so we will be back. Final wee note I do feel a lot of sites north of the central belt charge too much compared to south of the belt.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Scott O
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We unfortunately broke down on our way to site and arrived after dark on the back of a recovery truck! The owners were still waiting for us and had kindly prepared a list of garages and windscreen replacement companies locally that we could contact. This was so incredibly kind and helpful. Throughout the duration of our now extended stay the owners Lesley and husband (I’m sorry I can’t remember your name!) were full of great information on the local area and suggested so many beautiful walks. The site is well maintained and in a beautiful setting and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. WiFi was free and worked superbly too. I would happily stay here anytime and the owners were simply the best.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Very good location for the Trossachs and Dukes Pass. It is amazing how different everything looks without the trees summer plumage. Nice, quiet, small site. Good clean toilet and shower blocks. It would have been nice to pitch on the lower field that you see in the photos. There are also a couple of areas higher up in a quarry like area. I would love to see this in summer as I suspect it looks lovely. Barren in winter though (nature not owners fault). Great place to take the dogs as they are very welcome if kept under control. A nice dog walk along the river into hundreds of acres of forest exists and also great for runners. Easy cycle, walk, run into Aberfoyle and a few pubs. Looked like there were childrens play area and fairy house in the woods. Friendly staff. Lock in 08:00-22:00

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

This is a great site, beautiful scenery situated between the banks of a river and woodland. The facilities were spotless as were the well kept grounds. I found the staff to be extremely helpful. They knew the area very well and recommended some lovely walks and good places to see and eat. Over the last few weeks I have had the opportunity to tour round Scotland visiting may sites and found this one to be up there with the best. Would definitely recommend it!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights with my dog. On arrival at the site I was made to feel very welcome by the staff and felt very comfortable. Due to the heavy rain we have had in recent weeks, was very wet underfoot. I didn't mind this as was expected anyway. The staff walked around the campsite with me in order to find the most suitable place to pitch my tent due to the weather which was very considerate. Staff were also very informative and gave advise as to where to go and eat etc. The campsite itself despite the weather was lovely, a nice size and in a great location. Lots of lovely walks and a lot of things to do at a short drive away. The facilities were clean and well looked after. There is one shower block, one toilet block, a laundry room and dish washing area. There was also an outdoor rotary dryer to hang your clothes on. Inside reception you could buy little things including disposable BBQ's and midgie repellent and lots of activities for the kids to do. Upon check out I was even offered a dry towel for the dog as he was wet and shivering a bit (he is a bit dramatic when cold lol). Couldn't complement enough, will definitely be back and would recommend to all.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo