Sinclair House B&B
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kilcreggan Hotel(Kilcreggan)
US$105
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront(Helensburgh)(Great Value!)
US$68
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bhome from hometrain stationvisiting helensburghbed and breakfastlarge roomfresh fruit saladloch lomonda great staylittle toucheslovely breakfasthigh standardbreakfast menufacilitiesensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I only stayed for one night on business( just a shame it couldn't have been longer). I stayed in room 1 which had everything I could need and more. Room immaculately clean and all the little extra touches like chocolates beside the bed, chilled wine glasses and toiletries etc in bathroom made all the difference. Ishbel and Iain were out when I arrived but had made special arrangements for me to get key etc and when I did meet them they couldn't have been anymore welcoming or pleasant. Breakfast was faultless and by far the best breakfast i have ever had in a b&b. Sinclair house is perfection in all ways. I will definitely be back and hopefully for longer the next time. Thanks again. X

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Bridgey78
Reviewed 8 September 2012

My husband and I booked the room literally last-minute. We called the owner the night before, (who happened to be at dinner and was very friendly, although it was a little late) because we could not find anything in Balloch and in retrospect we could not have been luckier for it. We stayed in Scotland for 2 weeks and this was the cleanest, most organized and comfortable B&B of all! It was even better than the 4star hotels we stayed in!

We stayed in a double room for £76. Iain and Ishbel run the B&B like a "tight ship" as a previous user correctly pointed out, which is a good thing for us. They may seem a bit distant or 'cold' in the beginning, especially when you've just arrived and get little drills to do before checking in (pay for the room - fill out your contact details - check what you want to have for breakfast, etc.) but during our short stay (unfortunately, only for one night) we realized how much they must love what they are doing and that we would be taking the same precautions to avoid problems and to organize the guests' stay as efficiently, if we were in their place.

The style of the house is very 'Macintoshy', which is fabulous if you are a fan (and if you are, don't forget to visit the Hill House, which is a 3min drive from the B&B). We had the first room on the left when you walk up the stairs (don't remember the number), which was big, spotlessly clean, the bathroom seemed to be newly refurbished and if you are a gadget geek, like my husband and I, you will enjoy the individual wireless network that Iain will set up as soon as you arrive, the laptop in the room, ipod docking stations, the big dvd collection (if you have the time to watch any films) and the 50'' plasma TV with full Sky package.

There is a supermarket right across the street if you need supplies, and if you are too tired to drive to Balloch you should have dinner at the 'Riverbank' restaurant, which Iain and Ishbel recommended.

The breakfast was also very nice. I've never seen cleaner cutlery at a B&B/hotel before (or after), which made it even more enjoyable and we also enjoyed chatting with Iain and getting to know him a little better during breakfast. The other couple who was staying there were also very friendly and the whole experience is very nice, if you enjoy getting to know the people you meet when you travel. If you don't maybe a hotel is better for you.

The only problem for us was that we had to move on and we couldn't stay longer than one night. We would love to stay there again, should we go back in the future!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

This has to be the best B&b we have stayed in. This was a last minute booking. We got stuck in Glasgow, & had no number to call to say we would be late. Iain called about 7.30 to ask if we were ok, & gave us directions. He & Ishbel were waiting on our arrival, & couldn't have been better. It had been a rough day, so to be made welcome & have everything explained quickly was great. We had a telly with all the channels we needed(irrelevant that we don't watch it), 2 computers with full access, great shower & a very comfy bed.
Breakfast was a delight. I have never before been asked how i like my bacon( Like 'how would you like your steak' ). Iain even apologised for bringing Stella's poached eggs on toast to early ( she eats cereal really slowly ) .
I've never stayed in a bad B&b, but this goes top.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Iain and Ishbel couldn't have done anything more to make the stay my wife and I had really good. The room was fantastic - very well appointed, great decoration and perfectly clean. We were lucky to be in room 2 - so had the luxury of the lounge too. The bathroom was newly 'done-up', and whatever Iain says about it not being quite right - it really is great and can't be faulted! Ipod docking station (with a 3.5mm input cable for those of us without an Ipod), brand new laptop, even an infra-red detecting sensor to turn on the bathroom mirror lights!

The food was great and cooked to order. Once served it was great to have Iain sit and have a chat with us - tips on where to go for a visit or to eat, tips or just general chat.

Nothing is too much - right down to the brollies by the door to borrow.

It is perfectly placed to get into Helensburgh and the town itself is an ideal location as a touring base.

Room Tip: Room 2 has the lounge. 3 or 4 have Sky
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark A
Reviewed 7 August 2012

After a week in Scotland, no other B&B in that price range comes close to the quality of the room and food provided by the Sinclair House. They provided everything from an iPod docking station to a computer! Breakfast was made to order.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends