“In the centre of town and short walk to station”
Review of Sinclair House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensburgh
Sinclair House B&B
Ranked #5 of 21 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Run by a charming, friendly couple who have invested much into the property. The rooms are better than most hotels and are equipped with wifi, Sky Tv and movies and there is a great selection of Blue Ray movies. In the morning you have a choice of breakfast, cooked to order. It's a short walk from the many pubs and local shops. The RN base at Faslane is a few miles away and great drives can be had along the lochs. I often work in the Clyde area and Sinclair House is a great find. On this occasion we came up on a rainy weekend (called liquid sunshine by the owner) and had Sunday lunch at the Duck Bay hotel. Duck Bay serves good food with wonderful views. I am sure we will be back and I will recommend Sinclair House to my colleagues.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cashalot

Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at Sinclair house and although it is a long time since we stayed there , it hasn't changed. Ian and Ishbel are really friendly and the room was lovely,and spotless. The breakfast was excellent, and plenty of it. We would have no hesitation is staying there again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen H
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at Sinclair House for 3 nights and wouldn't hesitate to go back! Iain & Ishbel were welcoming, friendly and extremely knowledgable about the surrounding areas and places to visit!
My room was more than efficient, comfortable and immaculate, and I wanted for nothing! (including the internet) Breakfast was exactly what I wanted and more! In fact my 4 days in Helensburgh was a pleasure!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank KellyLee20
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our stay at Sinclair House was exceptional. Iain & Ishbel are great hosts with the customers interest and comfort at heart. The rooms are very comfortable and the WiFi connection is excellent. The location is ideal if you are visiting the Loch Lomond area and you can also catch a train to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben M
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Sinclair House for work purposes in Sepember 2012. My work collegue and myself were met by a Iain and Ishmel, who made us felt welcome from the start. This is a fanastic B&B, located right in the heart of Helensborough. All the mod cons without the fuss, lovely rooms, TV, Fridge and free WI-FI connection and a Lap- top provided to boot. Breakfast is of a very good quality and if you have a specific need, I am sure Ishmel could deal with it without any problems. I really enjoyed my stay and would return with my wife if there was space available.

Room Tip: Ring early and talk to the owners
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2012

Sinclair House was the first place we saw arriving in Helensburgh and decided to give it a go. We where only going to stay one night but after seeing the room we decided on two nights. Every thing in that room was quality. The attention to detail is excellent. The bed had a memory foam mattres and was very comfortable. The shower room had every thing you need. Not sachets, but proper bottles of shower gell, Shampoo and soap. There was even a laptop computer with WiFi at no extra cost. This enabled us to explore the area to see what was around us and book our next stop in Edinburgh. We have stopped in a few places in our time but this was outstanding. A couple of DVDs had been provided with info of the local area and places of interest nearby. Every thing had been thought of to make it comfortabe and enjoyable. The breakfast was great with some poridge to start with and a full English after with loads of toast and coffee.
It is unlikely you could top this B&B. I forgot to mention, it also had a fridge with loads of milk for tea or coffee. And it was topped up the next day. That was a first, as one usually gets just enough for a couple of cups of tea and thats it. Attention to detail again. I can't rate this B&B high enough. If you are going to Helensburgh or the surounding area, Go to Sinclair House you wont regret it!.............

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We have friends in Helensburgh, whom we wanted to visit on our way further north, & as we didn't want to upset their domestic arrangements, we chose to find a B&B locally. We'd been past Sinclair House many a time, so we knew it from the outside. Now it was time to see the inside. What a B&B it is! Having booked well in advance, we arrived on Sunday 16th Sept, to be greeted by Iain Jackson, who accepted money, & took us round to Rm 1. We, too, paid £76 for the pleasure of staying there - money well spent. The B&B is separate from the Jacksons' own accommodation, which is probably the wisest course. Iain explained about Docking thingies, Wi-Fi & all that stuff, & showed us a room of good size, with a smallish bathroom en-suite.Everything was squeaky-clean, & in superb order. The Jacksons have thought about everything - including plasters, q-tips, tissues & nail-polish remover in the bathroom cabinet. Others have extolled the virtues of Sinclair House, & we enthusiastically agree. The bed was very comfortable, with a Tempura mattress that treated you like an old friend. There's car-parking in a small yard, so be prepared to manouevre, - & don't park on the red bit! Breakfast, which you choose from a lengthy list, was good, & as we were next to the dining-room, it took all of 10 seconds to get there. Iain was in the RN (he can be forgiven for that) so we, being ex-RAF, found ourselves on a similar wavelength, & he took the time to chat to us about travel worldwide, & proved a store of useful information. He and the estimable Ishbel are excellent hosts, & are now the yardstick by which we will measure all B&B stays.

Room Tip: Only saw Rm 1, bit we have no doubt all are equally good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple