“Highly recommended B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sinclair House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensburgh
Sinclair House B&B
Ranked #4 of 21 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012

I stayed here for one night on 27th November during a hastily planned business trip to Helensburgh. I was given a lovely, spacious room complete with separate lounge area that was worth every penny of the £76 I paid. The couple who run the B&B, Iain and Ishbel, were friendly and enthusiastic. I could tell that they take pride in ensuring their guests are well looked after and enjoy their stay. If you are planning a trip to Helensburgh, either business related or leisure, I highly recommend you stay at Sinclair House.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Warsash
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

Run by a charming, friendly couple who have invested much into the property. The rooms are better than most hotels and are equipped with wifi, Sky Tv and movies and there is a great selection of Blue Ray movies. In the morning you have a choice of breakfast, cooked to order. It's a short walk from the many pubs and local shops. The RN base at Faslane is a few miles away and great drives can be had along the lochs. I often work in the Clyde area and Sinclair House is a great find. On this occasion we came up on a rainy weekend (called liquid sunshine by the owner) and had Sunday lunch at the Duck Bay hotel. Duck Bay serves good food with wonderful views. I am sure we will be back and I will recommend Sinclair House to my colleagues.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cashalot
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay at Sinclair house and although it is a long time since we stayed there , it hasn't changed. Ian and Ishbel are really friendly and the room was lovely,and spotless. The breakfast was excellent, and plenty of it. We would have no hesitation is staying there again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen H
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012

I stayed at Sinclair House for 3 nights and wouldn't hesitate to go back! Iain & Ishbel were welcoming, friendly and extremely knowledgable about the surrounding areas and places to visit!
My room was more than efficient, comfortable and immaculate, and I wanted for nothing! (including the internet) Breakfast was exactly what I wanted and more! In fact my 4 days in Helensburgh was a pleasure!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank KellyLee20
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

Our stay at Sinclair House was exceptional. Iain & Ishbel are great hosts with the customers interest and comfort at heart. The rooms are very comfortable and the WiFi connection is excellent. The location is ideal if you are visiting the Loch Lomond area and you can also catch a train to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ben M
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at Sinclair House for work purposes in Sepember 2012. My work collegue and myself were met by a Iain and Ishmel, who made us felt welcome from the start. This is a fanastic B&B, located right in the heart of Helensborough. All the mod cons without the fuss, lovely rooms, TV, Fridge and free WI-FI connection and a Lap- top provided to boot. Breakfast is of a very good quality and if you have a specific need, I am sure Ishmel could deal with it without any problems. I really enjoyed my stay and would return with my wife if there was space available.

Room Tip: Ring early and talk to the owners
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Sinclair House was the first place we saw arriving in Helensburgh and decided to give it a go. We where only going to stay one night but after seeing the room we decided on two nights. Every thing in that room was quality. The attention to detail is excellent. The bed had a memory foam mattres and was very comfortable. The shower room had every thing you need. Not sachets, but proper bottles of shower gell, Shampoo and soap. There was even a laptop computer with WiFi at no extra cost. This enabled us to explore the area to see what was around us and book our next stop in Edinburgh. We have stopped in a few places in our time but this was outstanding. A couple of DVDs had been provided with info of the local area and places of interest nearby. Every thing had been thought of to make it comfortabe and enjoyable. The breakfast was great with some poridge to start with and a full English after with loads of toast and coffee.
It is unlikely you could top this B&B. I forgot to mention, it also had a fridge with loads of milk for tea or coffee. And it was topped up the next day. That was a first, as one usually gets just enough for a couple of cups of tea and thats it. Attention to detail again. I can't rate this B&B high enough. If you are going to Helensburgh or the surounding area, Go to Sinclair House you wont regret it!.............

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple