“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Killin Cottage B&B

Killin Cottage B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensburgh
Killin Cottage B&B
Ranked #12 of 21 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Stoke-On-Trent
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

I was greeted with a very friendly welcome on arrival Franca was very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The accommodation was spacious,clean and had everything I needed. Franca also provided me with a small conference lunch for my team and everything went smoothly and very pleasantly Franca's help was invaluable and she provided a lovely lunch.

Room Tip: Master was exellent
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Margaret M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

Was made very welcome on arrival,stayed for 3 nights,owner was very helpful and her 2 kids were very friendly with my kids,it was pretty cold at night as the heaters were turned off to possibly save money I presume, we stayed in the Master Bedroom which was very spacious,very clean with a big on-suite bathroom/toilet, My wife was pretty upset with the breakfast calls as the owner tends to shout breakfast on the stairway..lol..possibly due to me being 10-20 minutes late for breakfast on the first day..lol..so just be ready for that,think of it as your alarm clock. ;-) apart from that we were left to our own devices, in and out whenever we please with no hassles. I recommend it,as the beds were so unbelievably comfortable,probably make you late for breakfast..lol.

Room Tip: choose the Master Bedroom quite spacious with a TV
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank wazzzuuuup
KillinCottage, Owner at Killin Cottage B&B, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
It was lovely having this family from Plymouth over the Easter weekend. My children always enjoy looking after guests' children. Vanessa and Charlotte were absolutely lovely.

I'm glad you raised your concerns the first morning about it being cold the first night and I was therefore able to adjust the heating timer to suit your needs for the remaining two nights. The presumption as to why the heaters were turned off though is incorrect. The central heating usually switches off at 11.30pm and on again at 6am - as would be standard in any average household.

I'm sorry to hear your wife was upset when I gently knocked on the door at 9.30am to remind you that breakfast time is until 9am. I just wanted to give you a chance not to miss out on your breakfast. This was a "one-off" - not a "tendency to shout breakfast on the stairway" - I was just outside your bedroom door - you may call it "alarm clock" :-)

I hope to see you again sometime in the future if travels take you to Scotland.
Airdrie, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

The minute you arrive you are made so welcome by Franca and her family .We booked the blue room for one night the bed was very comfy room was spotless there is coffee & tea avalible plus fresh fruit lovely touch . Location is brill 5 min walk from railway station the town centre is close by and you are next to the beach . Your breakfast is first class and the home made bread is a lovely bonus all in all we will be back to the Killin Cottage .

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank whyteshuggie
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very friendly atmosphere, host was incredibly helpful and kind. Food is good quality. Rooms are light and airy and clean. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank william i
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed at Killin Cottage for 3 nights while on a tour of Scotland. I could not have been made to feel more welcome. My room (master bedroom) was large with a large en suite bathroom. The hospitality was great and I was offered help and advice on the local area. There is a TV in the room and WiFi is available. I would certainly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank 5938
scotland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

5 of us booked in here and were offered the family room and either the rugrats room or the blue room. We took the blue room but were told we could change. 2 of us decided to use the rugrats room to sleep in as there was a tv in it . As our belongings were in the blue room we went there to get showered in the morning. We told the landlady this and she said "oh that means I have 3 bathrooms to clean. There is no bathroom in the rugrats room, only one 1 in the landing.Thought we were being honest and she would not have to change the bed in the blue room. Also told no smoking "which we were well aware off On returning in the evening the smell of dogs would have made one sick and amazing landlady was smoking. Not very friendly more regimental,

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank browse
KillinCottage, Owner at Killin Cottage B&B, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I would like to clarify the following: The Blue room (BR) and the Master bedroom (MB) were booked in advance. At time of your arrival, I was able to give you a choice of either the Blue room OR the Rugrats room (RR), explaining that the RR has a TV and is larger, therefore possibly more comfortable.

Taking the liberty of choosing to change room without informing me isn't exactly polite. . . The RR has it's own private bathroom across the landing which you had used as well. Therefore I indeed had to clean 3 bathrooms in the morning. I had also offered a discount at the time of booking, as there were children in this party.

The quality and cleanliness of my B&B is such that I change any sheets even if it had only been sat on or used to deposit luggage and my guests can at all times be assured of crisp-ironed bedding.

I make guests aware of our non-smoking policy, and in this instance I was glad I mentioned that this includes smoking out the window, as one lady admitted having done that some time ago in another establishment and having been caught out by the owner.

I'm really not sure what to say about the dog comment, as this house is and has been pet free for 10 years, since the day we moved in.

I'm grateful for this feedback, as it has tought me a lesson. I will from now on keep vacant room/s locked rather than leaving the key in the door, hence removing the possibility of anything similar happening again and avoiding the risk of additional cleaning work on departure.
St Austell, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

Stayed here on two occasions over a two year period. Always found the cottage very cosy and Franke & her children very warm and friendly. We always stay during our motorcycle tours of Scotland and Killin accomodates bikers easily. The breakfast has always been a good start for the day and the facilities more than adequate. Will certainly visit again in the future and look forward to it!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends