“Fantastic Deli” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Buffet Shop - CLOSED

The Buffet Shop
Cuisines: British, Soups, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Delicatessen with large coffee/lunch area.
Helensburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Deli”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Chritmas would not be the same without cheese from the Buffet shop. Fantastic choice and flavour.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“REALLY GOOD COLD TAKE AWAYS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The food is fresh. All or many types of bread. In centre of town.

Cardross, United Kingdom
“Great food but staff attitude could be better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I used to frequent The Buffet Shop Cafe as the food was lovely and the coffee very good quality - not cheap, though, but we didn't mind as we felt it was worth it. However, we were never terribly taken with the attitude of the staff on the whole and when one day during lunch we were asked in front of other customers who had just arrived whether we would mind sharing our table with them, that was the last straw. It was very embarrassing and insensitive of the waitress to put us in this position as we had to refuse in front of the other customers and felt extremely uncomfortable after that. For a start, I feel that if you are paying for quite an expensive lunch you are entitled to a table to yourselves. I also do not think the staff should make you look and feel bad. Once we realised that this was the policy that was it for us. How can you possibly relax and enjoy your food when you are just waiting to be asked if complete strangers can sit inches from you at the same table? We have never returned.

• Visited November 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Bunnny
Scotland
“Not very friendly”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

Whoever the waitress is who served us needs to go to the Charm School. Brusque and unfriendly. Wouldn't go back. Had'nt even sat down when we were asked what we wanted and couldn't clear the table to get rid of us quickly enough. Horrible advert for Scottish hospitality.

• Visited May 2011
7 Thank Ginger005
Scots in Europe
“Staff could be more patient.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2010

Having read the glowing reviews about the food in this cafe, my friend & I went for lunch. We had barely sat down when the waitress came to ask us what we wanted. My friend had decided immediately on a sandwich, but I had not finished looking at the list of items - both on the wall boards and in the menu. I told her so, but she still hovered over me. In panic, I opted - unfortunately - for the 'Quiche of the day' which was bright orange in colour. It was meant to be 'Broccoli', but, as the cheese colouring was so dominant, I couldn't say for sure if it contained any. It was unseasoned and rather tasteless too. My friend said her sandwich was just "ok". We decided to miss out on trying any further eats, in case they had no taste either. Not the cheapest of places for what you get. The deli-shop items are also expensive compared to other delis I've visited. Would not rush back - quite disappointed.

5 Thank GoldenGran