“Excellent breakfast”
Review of The Buffet Shop - CLOSED

The Buffet Shop
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Delicatessen with large coffee/lunch area.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Staying in the nearby Travelodge we needed a nice place for breakfast. We'd been here the day before, buying some things in the Deli, and saw they had a café, so we came back.

I ordered the bagel with scrambled egg and smoked salmon. As they were waiting on the salmon to be delivered, I asked for bacon instead. It was excellent. My husband chose the Scandinavian breakfast, and seemed a bit disappointed when he saw how nice mine looked, until he tried the ham included in his plateful, which he also thought was excellent. Only sorry we didn't get back for cake, which also looked delicious.

Taking into account the high quality, I think it offered good value. Other reviewer have commented on the service. We liked it, being served by people with character.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Visited The Buffet Shop recently having been there many times, I was not disappointed. Delicious soup, lovely house wine and finished off with Coffee and cake. I was on my own and really enjoyed the relaxing time I had sitting reading a paper. Staff are lovely and a great choice of food. Needs a bit of a refurb, could make a bit more comfortable and inviting as it really is a good Coffee Shop but could be the best in Helensburgh

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Expensive shop filled with tasty, tempting things. The bread is good and the deli counter is the best in town but you pay for it.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Recently visited here for lunch. My eyes began watering when we were handed the menu's and I seen the prices but by that time we had been seated and decided to make a go of it. The service from the elderly lady is rather brusk as others have said. I had the chicken, chorizo and mozzarella baguette. £9. I will admit the baguette was very very nice and packed with filling. But still - £9? It wasn't served with anything else. I also don't understand why the sandwiches are more expensive than the pasta dishes, My Mum had a ham and mustard sandwich on Bavarian bread which was very nice but was £8. We were in and out in 30 minutes with a bill of over £20 including 2 coffees and a drink. The menus really need replaced as they are filthy and falling to bits and it gives a really poor impression. The eating area also could do with a good spruce up as it's rather tired and dated.

However, this is a shop too that does sell lots of amazing different fresh foods from from all over the world and it's great for a browse and a treat. You can order sandwiches to go so it's definitely worth a visit but I just really wouldn't recommend sitting in as it's not worth the money or a very pleasant experience.

2  Thank Sarah488
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Amazing from take away to sit in, staff so friendly and attentive. Owner and his wife always a treat to talk with and be in company of.
A real place of everything you would want.