“Worth the trip any day”
Review of Riverhill Deli & Cafe - CLOSED

Riverhill Deli & Cafe
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: 01436 677 575
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We love the Riverhill Cafe for a breakfast out. My wife and I spend one day a month on a trip over to Helensburgh from the smaller village we live in near by for some shopping and poking about shops. We have tried a lot of the places in town and found them expensive for dull menus or terrible food or service. However, Riverhill is different.

It is small and always full of people so you sometimes need to squeeze in. However, the staff are always incredibly friendly and helpful trying to get you seated and served.

The menu is not super cheap but the quality of the food is amazing. The fresh baked items always vary and are hard to make a choice on. The teas on offer are amazing. however, my favorite item is the brioche french toast with vanilla ricotta and berries. Simply amazing and a huge pile of wonderful food.

They also sell deli items, fruit, veg, eggs, bread, etc and it is nice to pick some items up on the way out - so it is eating and shopping all in one!

The have specialty evenings we have wanted to go to, but that will be a review for another day.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Popped in here with my Mother and 20 month old son for a coffee. The staff were excellent getting a high chair setup. The coffee was excellent and while we did not eat I saw a number of breakfast dishes coming out that looked superb. The range was excellent with a selection of alcohol as well. Shame the deli is not on my doorstep back down south.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Once again visited this little cafe and thoroughly enjoyed the food? The array on display was mouthwatering indeed.
Yes, it's a little pricey however I don't mind paying for quality.
I would agree its a little too cramped for comfort but I personally feel the staff friendliness and quality makes up for it.
I hope they expand although apprehensive I will too!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Being a somewhat regular visitor to Riverhill, Helensburgh and Glasgow, I cannot see what the recent "postees" can be talking about.

With by far the best coffee in Helensburgh I make sure it is my only stop for my daily cup of Joe! The talented staff are so attentive and really do their best to make the cauppachino around.

As for the sandwiches, I have never had a lunch that wasn't bursting at the seams, with piles of crisps fresh coleslaw, and a sandwich that would choke a donkey. I can't imagine why someone wouldn't think this value for money, my personal favourite being the smoked turkey club sandwich.

The cakes that Riverhill bake from scratch by the friendly and often chatty chefs are always beautiful, and I have never myself had anything short of delicious, that's not to say someone else hasn't had a less than perfect experience, but I do think that the recent reviews seem to be somewhat negative and I just thought I'd like to have my say and give what I think is a fair review.

Well done Riverhill and keep up the good work, and now I'm off to get a great coffee, maybe a bowl of porridge. A

Reviewed 4 July 2013

I had wanted to try Riverhill for a while and the food that they have on offer is a bit different, interesting and made lovingly. We went in for lunch and got a chicken and bacon sandwich each. £8 for a sandwich with no chips or anything at the side. Yes it's fancy bread and a decent size for a sandwich but £8.. really!? Come on now. They had toasted the bread and it made the bread rock hard and difficult to chew and we both ended up with really sore jaws. It's much smaller inside than I expected and a bit cramped.. I can't imagine what it would be like when it was full.

For a drink and a sandwich each it was almost £25 which I find crazy as you could get a decent meal in a half decent restaurant for that price. I don't mind paying extra for something special but I just feel that their pricing is that bit too inflated and it leaves a sour taste.

I still want to give it another chance and there are a lot of other things I'd like to try.

5  Thank Sarah488