“Best B&B I have ever stayed in”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensburgh
No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
North Berwick, United Kingdom
“Best B&B I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A superb B&B. From the moment we were welcomed to the excellent breakfast next morning, I can say this is the best B&B I have visited in Scotland. I stayed in The Oyster Catcher room and immediately felt cosy and relaxed with lovely furnishings, very comfortable bed and interesting details. Breakfast was all home made with local produce. Thank you for looking after me so well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked great. I stayed in The Oyster Catcher which was superb and enjoyed a sea vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by Tegan, the owners' daughter, who cheerfully showed us to our rooms and made sure we were comfortable. After staying in hostels in Georgia and Armenia for the last 10 days I was more than pleased with the comfy pillows, lovely linen and immaculate decor. I needed a seriously good sleep and got one. Breakfast was chosen by us the night before and proved to be delicious including my camomile tea. Catriona had recommended a tapas bar in town for our evening meal which also proved excellent.

So really everything and more that you could wish for. A strong recommendation for anyone intending spending some time in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

...and very last minute! From very stressful city jobs my girlfriend and I desperately needed to get away and unplug, and this is exactly what this B&B offered. Moreover the folks who run it are MORE than friendly - and while they probably won't want me to mention this as it's probably not a standard practice - they even offered to drive us to our next destination down the road by Loch Lomond. They were warm, friendly, chatty, cooked a great breakfast, and had fantastic suggestions for local places to walk and eat. Couldn't recommend it more!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have sea views - ask for availability!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi George and Lauren, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and are sorry that we didn't have the full 3 nights availability for your stay. I do hope that you enjoyed The rest of your stay at Loch Lomond. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your very busy schedules to write a review for No.20 and we do hope that when you need another break from your work lives you may visit us again. All at No.20 xx
manchester uk
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow what a find. One of the best bed and breakfast we have stayed in. Myself and my boyfriend Paul have just returned from a very pleasant 2 night stay here.

On arrival we were greeted by Toby who was very welcoming. The log fire was on with complementary tea and scones, Which was a lovely touch.

We were shown to our room 'The Curlew' and were very pleased with the high standard of decor. The room was warm and cosy and we had the best night sleep in the most comfortable of beds. A lovely view of the estuary from our window which also had a seating area.

Breakfast was made to order and was delicious. We were well looked after during our stay and the owners could not do enough for us.

Toby and Kat you really do have a stunning BandB and we look forward to staying again in the future and would definitely be recommending you to family and friends. Thankyou

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Helen and Paul, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay @ No.20 and I am sorry that I didn't get to meet you, sounds like Tobby did a good job of looking after you.....I must leave him to fend for himself more often! Lol I will look forward to your return when I can meet you both. Luv from all @ No.20 xx
Avening, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

from the lovely warm welcome, not only from Cat, Tobby and Teagan but also the gorgeous warm scones that made us forget the nightmare journey up and settle in for the week! We felt this was a home from home and thoroughly spoiled too - Tobby even dropped us into town for an evening out and when we wanted to bring some scrummy food from Loch Fyne back to the house, we were welcomed with open arms and a bottle of fizz to celebrate our happy anniversary. The room was lovely, tastefully decorated and a beautiful view out of the lovely bay window. I will certainly be coming back to visit, although next time we will probably fly up!!!

Room Tip: All three rooms are lovely although the Heron has a lovely large bed and its own separate bathroom...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Hello guys, THANK YOU so much for your wonderful review. We loved having you stay with us and are so glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Hope to see you again on future Anniversaries! Luv Cat, Tobby, Tiegan and Thistle xx
Hexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

While working away from home for a week my company booked me in to No20 as the Travel Lodge nearby was full. Guess the gods were with me that day!
From the moment I was greeted at the front door and welcomed in to Cat, Tobby and Teagan's home I felt that I had come to stay with people I knew. To me that is a real skill. I had quiet time when it suited me but if I wanted a little company they had a knack of knowing.
The attention to detail was superb. High quality bedding and the thickest towels ever. Fires lit made for cosy nights. Antique furniture mixed with contemporary.
If you are there long enough make sure you hear some of Tobbys stories, priceless. He needs to write a book it he ever sits still long enough.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hello Jane, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us @ No.20. It is always lovely when you have more time with guests staying longer and with Halloween during your stay it was lovely to sit and chat with yourself in front of the fire while waiting for Trick or Treaters. The hot chocolate just topped the night! Again thank you for your parting gift, that was very kind of you and the wee heathers look lovely in our rooms. We do look forward to your next visit. Luv Cat, Tobby,Tiegan and Thistle @ No.20
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Our first B&B experience after reading such fantastic reviews on TA and it did not disappoint. Beautiful house, furniture and views. We had a lovely welcome and both Cat and Toby couldn't do enough for us, even in the run up to our trip, Cat was so helpful and gave us some brilliant tips on how to spend our time. The restaurants recommended to us were lovely, great food and excellent value at La Barca and at The Loch Lomand Arms - however, neither could compare to the treat that was breakfast! My only regret is that the portions were so generous that I couldn't finish it - certainly not a complaint!
If you are in the area then this is a must! Thanks Cat and Toby :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review, it was very easy looking after you and we are so glad that we "hit the spot". We hope you will return to see us again. Luv Cat, Tobby, Tiegan and Thistle @ No.20 X
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helensburgh
Knockderry House Hotel
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!