“The best, just gets better”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Helensburgh
No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 20 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“The best, just gets better”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This is our fourth stay and Cat and Toby, make you feel like old friends returning. The house is so welcoming helped by the warm scones on arrival in front of the roaring fire. Room spotless as usual, and the most fantastic bed. Breakfast first class with as much fresh coffee and toast as you need, and all ingredients locally sourced and cooked fresh. Cat and Toby you should be very proud of yourselves and will see you in the new year. You may get cheaper in the area but this is the best, and wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: We always have the Heron room, with the biggest bed ever, and it's own private bathroom, with fl...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

A most excellent B&B, booked in by work so had no idea where I would be staying, but this was perfect. From the warm greeting when I arrived, the scones and tea by the fire to the full Scottish breakfast which kept me going right through the day. Who knew that scrambled eggs go so well with haggis?? The pancake stack also comes highly recommended.
I had the room at the top of the house and the views were amazing, the bed so comfy, the room stylish and comfortable, you couldn't ask for more.
Cat, Tobby & Thistle made me feel so welcome, from chatting over breakfast and sharing their day when I came back in the evenings. A real home from home. If i ever get the chance to return, this is where I'd want to stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We were given the warmest of welcomes by the lovely owner Kat. The room was very comfortable and we thoroughly enjoyed the scones and the breakfast! Beautiful house and we won't be going anywhere else but N0.20 when we come back to visit Helensburgh.

Ted and June

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
North Berwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

A superb B&B. From the moment we were welcomed to the excellent breakfast next morning, I can say this is the best B&B I have visited in Scotland. I stayed in The Oyster Catcher room and immediately felt cosy and relaxed with lovely furnishings, very comfortable bed and interesting details. Breakfast was all home made with local produce. Thank you for looking after me so well.

Room Tip: All of the rooms looked great. I stayed in The Oyster Catcher which was superb and enjoyed a sea vie...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We were welcomed by Tegan, the owners' daughter, who cheerfully showed us to our rooms and made sure we were comfortable. After staying in hostels in Georgia and Armenia for the last 10 days I was more than pleased with the comfy pillows, lovely linen and immaculate decor. I needed a seriously good sleep and got one. Breakfast was chosen by us the night before and proved to be delicious including my camomile tea. Catriona had recommended a tapas bar in town for our evening meal which also proved excellent.

So really everything and more that you could wish for. A strong recommendation for anyone intending spending some time in the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

...and very last minute! From very stressful city jobs my girlfriend and I desperately needed to get away and unplug, and this is exactly what this B&B offered. Moreover the folks who run it are MORE than friendly - and while they probably won't want me to mention this as it's probably not a standard practice - they even offered to drive us to our next destination down the road by Loch Lomond. They were warm, friendly, chatty, cooked a great breakfast, and had fantastic suggestions for local places to walk and eat. Couldn't recommend it more!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms have sea views - ask for availability!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
CatrionaK64, Owner at No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi George and Lauren, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and are sorry that we didn't have the full 3 nights availability for your stay. I do hope that you enjoyed The rest of your stay at Loch Lomond. Thank you so much for taking the time out of your very busy schedules to write a review for No.20 and we do hope that when you need another break from your work lives you may visit us again. All at No.20 xx
manchester uk
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Wow what a find. One of the best bed and breakfast we have stayed in. Myself and my boyfriend Paul have just returned from a very pleasant 2 night stay here.

On arrival we were greeted by Toby who was very welcoming. The log fire was on with complementary tea and scones, Which was a lovely touch.

We were shown to our room 'The Curlew' and were very pleased with the high standard of decor. The room was warm and cosy and we had the best night sleep in the most comfortable of beds. A lovely view of the estuary from our window which also had a seating area.

Breakfast was made to order and was delicious. We were well looked after during our stay and the owners could not do enough for us.

Toby and Kat you really do have a stunning BandB and we look forward to staying again in the future and would definitely be recommending you to family and friends. Thankyou

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi Helen and Paul, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay @ No.20 and I am sorry that I didn't get to meet you, sounds like Tobby did a good job of looking after you.....I must leave him to fend for himself more often! Lol I will look forward to your return when I can meet you both. Luv from all @ No.20 xx
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helensburgh
Knockderry House Hotel
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Loch Lomond Arms Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Lodge on Loch Lomond

Been to No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!