“The best b&b by far!”

No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 21 Helensburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This truly is the best b&b that we have ever stayed in. Cat and her daughter were absolutely excellent hosts and looked after us throughout. They went above and beyond any b&b that we have ever stayed at. We had, had a very last minute change to our holiday plans and booked at very late notice, this was no problem at all. We were greeted by a delicious scone and cup of tea. Just what you need when you have travelled 5 hours up from the south-west of England! Our room the 'Oyster Catcher' was beautiful, very clean and designed to a very high specification. There was free and speedy wi-fi, the fluffiest towels I have ever known and a very good power shower. It was a great night sleep in a very comfortable and tastefully designed room . Cat recommended a good restaurant in the evening and suggested good towns to visit whilst on our Scotland tour. It is set down a lovely little street just by the water front in a very quiet residential street. I would travel up to No. 20 everyday just to have their breakfast - it was delicious! We will DEFINITELY be visiting again and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have stayed in many hotels and b&b's over the years and this is by far the best! Brilliant hosting, fantastic room and a superb breakfast! Cannot wait to come stay again and will be recommending no. 20 to everyone.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2014

When you find somewhere as fab as this you don't want to share it with the world, you want to keep it for yourself!!!!!!!
We stayed here for 3 nights and OMG it was just beautiful. We stayed in the room named ' The Heron ' and the bed was sooooooo comfy :-)!!!!!!
We did see the other two rooms and they were beautiful too just a little smaller.
Any room would have made me smile.......we even wouldn't have minded sleeping in lounge on the two huge sofas in front of the log fire (with thistle he he).
Amazing decor throughout and fabulous breakfast every morning.
Cat, Toby, teigan and thistle were perfect hosts........ They could not do enough to help. We felt we had known them for years and now hopefully we will remain good friends and know them for years!!!!!
Please stay here as you will fall in love with all aspects of No20!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lea H
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This bed and breakfast is one of our favourites we have ever stayed in. Me and my boyfriend booked in for two nights because we were going to my friends wedding. We felt so at home. It is clean, relaxing, welcoming, beautifully decorated, the bed was so soft it felt like we were sleeping on a fluffy wee cloud! Breakfast was beautiful. We really hope to return soon. Fabulous place to stay. Don't even think twice.

Room Tip: Room facing the road (quiet road) was AMAZING
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014

My boyfriend and I have just returned from our valentines weekend at this beautiful B&B, it was the perfect weekend gettaway. We were greeted by Toby, the perfect host! We couldn't have been made to fell more at home. The B&B is beautifully furnished, there is a cosy living area which you're welcome to relax in and a dining area where you have breakfast. We were even offered the dining facilities in the evening if we wished to bring back food after a long day outside. Our room was immaculate, so clean and tidy, but at the same time homely. Toby even noticed we had a bottle of wine and brought us a couple of glasses and chocolates! We never had the pleasure of meeting Cat, I am told she normally cooks but you'll be happy to hear Toby's cooking was top notch! I've attached a couple of photos of our breakfast, the full scottish and pancakes! I also had porridge with whisky and sultanas, which was so yummy! All in all I can't rate this b&b highly enough, it felt like home with loads of added luxuries, including the scones of course. You must come here!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2014

This place is way above your average B&B. Lovely rooms, clean, nice breakfast, friendly hosts. We'd highly recommend! We stayed here to explore Loch Lomond, it was slightly further out than we'd realised, but not too bad and being so close to the waves and 'sea air' made it worth it!

Room Tip: The Heron doesn't have an ensuite, but the bathroom is the next room along - in case this is imp...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed in "The Heron" for 1 night after travelling down from Oban. Out of all the B&B's I've visited on my travels I have never come across a pair of hosts as hospitable and lovely as Cat and Toby who were a pleasure to talk to. The room itself was ethereal and the bed?? The only thing that can come close to the pleasurable feeling I experienced when sleeping on the bed was being stuck in quicksand! Truly...the best and coziest bed I've ever slept on.

My only regret? Not being able to stay for more than one night.

Room Tip: "The Heron" is a beautiful room overlooking the street (very quiet). The bathroom is next...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terence G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Helensburgh
Knockderry House Hotel
Rosslea Hall Country House Hotel
Travelodge Helensburgh Seafront
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa

Been to No.20 Boutique Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!