“A taste of Spain on the Clyde Coast”

La Barca Spanish Tapas & Wine Bar
Ranked #5 of 64 Restaurants in Helensburgh
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Barca Spanish Tapas And Wine Bar is officially Scotland's Best Mediterranean Restaurant three years running. You can find three tapas from £9.95 daily till 6pm. This multi award winning restaurant offers vibrant, authentic taste of Spain in luxurious, colourful and cosy surroundings. La Barca boasts a boat shaped bar, beautiful harbour scene mural and a generously stocked feature wine cellar. Relax in the luxurious surroundings and enjoy delicious tapas and paellas prepared by Spanish chefs and served by friendly, attentive staff. Check out the board for their list of local suppliers including eggs and sausages from their local farm and butcher. Not just a place to eat, La Barca is perfect for a glass of wine, cocktail or coffee. Tapas served daily from 12noon to 10pm with 3 tapas from £9.95. Hasta Luego x
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Staying at No 20 Boutique B & B in Helensburgh, my friend and I chose to eat here in the evening.
Upon arrival it was extremely busy and although it did take a while to get a table, in spite of calling to reserve one, we were looked after at the bar. Once seated, it took quite a while to actually get a menu as well, but once we had pointed this out, the service was swift and friendly.
The food was plentiful and tasty.
The decor was was lovely and did more than give a hint of Spain. The lights were gradually dimmed through the evening as well, but not to an unacceptable level.
Overall a good experience and one i would recommend. Reservations are essential though.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Love the decor, the atmosphere & of course the food especially as it shows on the menu what is gluten free which is very helpful. Staff are great & particularly good if it is someone's birthday as they play guitars & sing happy birthday in Spanish. Definitely the best restaurant in Helensburgh.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

For years we have been visiting friends who live near by in Shamdon and have struggled to find somewhere that provides good food at a fair price. I am always a bit sceptical about Tapas restaurants as they can be pricey and not very authentic. But not this one - is was busy and full on Friday night but we managed to book a table for 9:00pm.
The staff were very attentive and friendly - the menu comprehensive. We ordered 12 dishes between the 4 of us with wonderful bread and olives to nibble while we waited.
The food arrived piping hot and was so delicious I just didn't want to stop eating it.
I consider this to be the best tapas I have eaten outside Spain or Mallorca.
The wine we ordered was good too - and reasonably priced.
All in all a wonderful experienc - I thoroughly reccomend it - but do book in advance.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I would not normally eat Spanish food. Too rich & spicy for me. I enjoyed every dish. Fantastic food. Fantastic atmosphere. Fantastic staff.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I have eaten here previously with my sister. This time i brought my husband, he has been converted. Excellent food, fantastic service, i would highly recommend this restaurant.