“Never again!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Never again!”
Reviewed 7 January 2013 via mobile

Got a carry out on Saturday night and was looking forward to my usual curry but it was tasteless and a waste of money.

4 Thank Mickeyblue1

Rhu, United Kingdom
“What's happened?”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

After their long closure due to refurbishment, my wife and I had been looking forward to a wonderful take away. We didn't mind waiting over an hour for the delivery as we thought we were going to have a great meal.
Talk about disappointment, the food was nowhere near as good as it was, my Biryani was tasteless and the curry sauce that came with it was just awful. The keema naan wasn't very good either. My wife ordered the house curry as it was her favourite and she was also very disappointed. I'm guessing they must have new cooks in house, if so, please bring back the old ones as the food here was absolutely fantastic and would have rated a five rather than the one that I've given it here.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank tubatu
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Review about akash restaurant”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I went there with my wife today food was amazing. You cant get this tasty curry's in whole country i think. Environment was good and staff was really friendy.We ordered chicken tikka jaipuri and garlic chilli,the taste was really very good, orders were bought to table preety quickly and prices were really decent. This was our third time we went there and i have almost tried every curry there each curry have it's own great taste. I highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Matthew T
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREASY!!!”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I ordered a takeaway as my usual place (Flamingo's) was shut.... NEVER AGAIN!!!

The curry was TOO red, and tasted DISGUSTING..... NO real flavours, just the overwhelming taste of curry powder....but....

The WORST point was the nan bread.... I ordered a garlic & green chilli nan bread, and it was SMOTHERED in grease, and just tasted of the garlic margarine you would get with a cheap supermarket garlic bread.....

Cost me £12.50 for a chicken curry (sauce only) and a nan bread.....SO expensive..... FAR cheaper prices elsewhere......even in the city....

Do yourself a favour....do NOT eat here........if you want a carry out....go to Flamingo's across from the station......if you want a sit-in....go to No 28.... The Akash NEEDS to go!!!

Earlier reviewers say it's the FIRST place that sailors go when they get back into port.....Well not this one....NEVER AGAIN!!!

• Visited January 2013
Helensburgh, Scotland United Kingdom
“Don't eat here!!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

Me and my husband had a meal here and were very disappointed. The interior was dated, shabby and tired. The food was tasteless and lacked flavoured, both curries although completely different looked incrediably similar. The cans of soft dinks we were given we overpriced and warm. A real shame as Helensburgh needs a good indian restuarant.

• Visited October 2012