“Awful”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

We have lived in the area for 20 years and have always been told to go to the akash. Well we did this evening to celebrate my husbands new job and to say we were disappointed is an understatement. I really wish we'd got a wee kelpie instead. :o( so disappointed

There are newer reviews for The Akash

Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

I went here with a group of work colleagues (7 in total), everyone had nice food. The naan bread are massive (1/2 as big again as your average dinner plate)!!!!
The staff were very welcoming and accommodating to my request of a vegetable saag (not on the menu but as a veggie one of my favorite dishes!), all in all a really good evening!

1  Thank Poll_1992
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Recently ordered a takeaway for 4.
They cooked a lamb korma instead of a buttered chicken. Didn't bother phoning because by the time it would have been sorted all the other food would have been cold. As kormas go, it was alright but nothing to write home about. Naan bread was pretty greasy like it was made in a microwave. Friendly enough staff but if your getting takeaway I would rather use flamingo or curry club in Helensburgh

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Ok my wife and I only tend to eat Kormas, which is handy because The Akash has a choice of them.
We have eaten in here once and had 3 take away's. I have never had a bad Korma, the nan has been fine and massive. The service however, whether we have been calling in for a take away or sitting in for a meal has been super friendly and most welcoming.

Great place, even though I can only relate to the non spicy side of things.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Welcome back, Akash. The new management is doing a terrific job of reviving this place that was closed, amid many rumours, for a long time. The staff are universally enthusiastic and welcoming.
The food was excellent with a spicy Punjabi Masala one of the best 'old school favourites' I've had for a long time.
Don't order too many naan breads either; they are the biggest I've seen anywhere in the world. The peshwari naan could feed an average household for a week.

1  Thank GlostilIdie