“Scottish Curry Award Winner 2015”
Review of The Akash

The Akash
Ranked #34 of 61 Restaurants in Helensburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Scottish Curry Award Winner 2015”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband is from Helensburgh. We routinely eat here and take my mother-in-law.
Food is of a very high standard and proof is from the recent win from The Scottish Curry Awards.
My husband knows his stuff and he rates the food as excellent- no nuclear red blended sauces here. We shared a mixed starter and poppa dons which was beautiful the lamb and chicken were both tender and beautifully spiced. MIL had a brilliant prawn cocktail with a mountain of prawns.
We both had new curries to us and I apologise for forgetting their names but they were both very very good. MIL had her usual steak and chips which they always serve really nicely for her with mushrooms and onions.
The staff are very helpful and always make a point of spending g time chatting with us and making us feel welcome.
All in all a lovely experience and most deserving of the recent award....... Thank You for always looking after us ......... Bill with several beers and large glasses of wine appx £63

2 Thank Carolyn B

“now improved”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Good food very nice service good choice of wine friendly atmosphere we feel comfortable , bcoz Akash improve food quality and service , no 28 go down in front of Akash, keep it Akash

Visited June 2014
4 Thank jack s
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Authentic Food. Terrific Flavours. No Gimmicks. Scottish Curry Award Winner.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We've been to The Akash a few times and never been disappointed. Last night the meal surpassed all expectations. We had a chef's platter starter to share and my husband had a chicken Murchi Madras and I had a Chicken Tikka. We shared an "elephant's ear" naan bread and a portion of rice. The sauces were fresh, rich and tasty, cooked especially after the staff had asked what food we liked. Our drinks were replenished without having to ask. We've previously tried the Masala Twist which we found to be expensive rubbish. The Akash was authentic (we know our curries), fresh and full of wonderful flavours. The Scottish Curry Awards were right to acknowledge their food and service as Regional Winners.

3 Thank Carmel K
Sussex
“Tasty welcoming night Out”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The meal was so good I felt I had to write a review. The staff were very welcoming and went out their way to make the meal enjoyable, nothing was too much trouble. The food was delicious and the bill was very reasonable. The restaurant itself is a little dated but don't let this put you off, this is the best meal experience I have had in Helensburgh. They recently won an award and it is clear when you eat here why.

4 Thank rdgaj
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Award winner restaurant”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

It was great to have dinner on 17th May with my family. It was beyond my expectation. Food and taste was excellent with splendid presentation. Amazing combination of Indianan spices enhanced the taste. Staff was courteous and well behaved. Thank you AKASH.
Sid Sameer