“Cannot recommend this place enough!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inversnaid Bunkhouse

Inversnaid Bunkhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Inversnaid B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Cannot recommend this place enough!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Last week, my friends and I were walking the West Highland Way. We had booked to camp at the Inversnaid Bunkhouse one night, but decided to see if we could upgrade to rooms instead after dealing with rather hideous blisters, etc.

I cannot possibly put in words just how much we LOVED this place; what really made it was the people, who were ridiculously friendly and kind, but the actual Bunkhouse was also fantastic in every way.

We were given a lift up to the Bunkhouse from the WHW and dropped back in the morning. Everyone who worked there was chatty and genuinely keen to make sure we had everything we needed. We ate in the Bistro and I don't think food has ever tasted better (we were talking about the potato wedges for the rest of the walk.,.. what is your secret?!) and we were able to upgrade to beautiful double rooms very easily. The views and the gardens and the hot tub (which unfortunately we didn't have time to use) and the food and the staff and the building and everything else made this place an absolute haven on our trip.

We are already planning a return trip to stay here for a weekend in the summer hopefully - it is a clean, friendly and reasonably priced place to stay in this neck of the woods - we would recommend it very highly.

Thanks so much for a lovely stay!

Rowan

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Row J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Road trip with youngest son in new car with roof down. Very excited. The Inversnaid Bunk House was perfect. Absolutely remote. Nick and the gang couldn't have been more delightful. We stayed In a room in the log cabin £57 by the river. Heavenly. The food was fabulous. Did I mention the HOT TUB! £3.50! For as long as you like, outside over looking the river under the stars.You've got to love these people. And some perfect angel gave me a free glass of whiskey after youngest son was in bed. They carried bags, chatted to youngest son. Just the most lovely people. Am gushing, but it really was that good. We will definitely be back.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Anna-j-m-family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Experienced a great welcome from Nick, Luma and Kieran on West Highland Way. All three went out of their way to be helpful and accommodating. Food was grand and nothing was too much bother. Looking forward to passing this way again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kevin O
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have stayed at Inversnaid bunkhouse on many occasions. The last time being round about October 2013, which subsequently me and my friend where the 3000 and 3001st customer, therefore we where gifted a bottle of champagne in the hot tub. What a cracking way to celebrate their landmark and a great gesture to treat the customer. This type of hospitality is not unusual, the owners are lovely and very admirable, for what they have acheived with this beautiful little spot. They choose their staff meticulously and they currently have a Irish lad Kieran running the place and the bistro. He should be awarded in a few areas, firstly his food, is top notch, ie lick the plate clean tasty and very well priced. His top hospitality and manners with the guest is spot on and thirdly, he is a world class dancer. Please note that the third point has nothing to do with the bunkhouse but it is worth mentioning as he has accomplished some great things.

Anyway, back to the bunk house, I am currently chilling out on a beach resort in Thailand in a five star hotel, which is lovely, but regardless of the hundreds of places I have stayed throughout my travels, the inversnaid bunkhouse wins everytime. There is a uniqueness that is very hard to pinpoint, I think it is a marvel how somewhere so clean, precious, beautiful, friendly, enchanting, comfortable, tasty, refreshing... All, but yet can be so inexpensive, it is almost for nothing to have a night here... (Although, not that I am suggesting that you increase your prices, I'm a sucker for a bargain, ha ha).

Meanwhile, anyone who has left any negative statements on here must have been eating wild mushrooms on route to their stay. As for the people who have left a rant about them not getting their group booking, talking as a fair business man, I can fully appreciate the bunk houses position there and would put that down to probably bad communication, most likely from the complainer. I was upset for the owners and the manager when I read this statement, because I know what it's like to give your business and your customers 110% and somehow manage to have a complaint. It is very upsetting and in most cases there are three sides to a story like this and I'm sure the bunkhouse team where doing their best. What I would say, being the 3000th paying customer of their 2013 season, I bet these complainers where the only.

Therefore my conclusing for a rating as as keen mathemetician would sat that up until my stay you have a 2999/3000 happy rating, plus 10%. This giving the bunkhouse a rating of 109.996%

Customers like me recognise the 110% effort, well done guys, I look forward to seeing you again as soon as possible and I will keep spreading the word.

Love
Customer 3000

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Theno1pianoman
InversnaidBunkhouse, Owner at Inversnaid Bunkhouse, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hi Reviewer,

Thank you so much for your kind review. It came through only just a few days before our belated end of season staff night out and I was able to read it out the bunkhouse team after dinner. It is hugely gratifying to receive such encouragement and we will most certainly not be resting on our laurels in 2014. We are delighted you were our 3000th customer in 2013 and wish the very best.

Kindest regards

Dave Lang
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We booked as two couples looking to get away for a weekend for Fri - Mon at this time of year we paid roughly £300 which we felt was good value for money. We had good contact with the owners prior to the booking who did inform us that they are quiet this time of year and had no other guests so we had the place to ourself which was great. We would have loved to have tried the Bistro though but wouldn't expect them to open up just for us!

Log cabin was very spacious and clean, good sized rooms,Comfy beds and well stocked kitchen for cooking. Plenty of firewood provided at no extra cost which is a bonus (Previous experience at other cabins charge £10 to load a bag full and at this time of year you use alot!) As the bistro was closed we had to look for places to to grab lunch - there is the Inversnaid hotel - less than 5 minute drive (we walked which took about 10-15 minutes) and the Pier cafe in Stronachlachar which is about a 10 minute drive. TV has freeview with good reception our only complaints are;

The door leading to the Balcony was broken which meant we were unable to sit outside or enjoy the view from the balcony - This was only a MINOR set back

There is WiFi available with good connectivity though we did not know the password and did not see it written down (Perhaps leave a sticker on the router)- Though it was good not to be connected to the outside world admittedly

We cannot comment to much on staff like other reviews as previously stated we literally were left alone (which is not a bad thing - it was pleasant ) we did briefly meet one of staff (possibly Bruce?) who asked how we were getting on, enjoying our stay etc... making sure we had all we needed.

Apologies for leaving dishes in the sink - there was a dishwasher but we left in a hurry :(

would not hesitate in booking again - would love the cabin to be available in the summer however i understand its only available Oct - Mar

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We hired the bunkhouse for a hen party and it was perfect. The upstairs was great for socialising and the kitchen was well equipped for cooking. The rooms were very small but the beds were comfy enough and the rooms warm. Drinking a glass of bubbly in the hot tub was amazing and made the weekend. I couldn't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, the food was wonderful, the staff were lovely and they really went the extra mile to welcome us and made us feel very much at home. The rooms were cosy and substantial with very comfortable beds and I had a great nights sleep. The food was excellently priced as the portions were plentiful and delicious! As if all that wasn't enough they have a hot tub round the side of the building, free wifi, free pick up service from the Inversnaid Hotel (which is great if you've been walking all day as the hill is quite steep) and the building itself being a converted church was beautiful.
Overall I had a very relaxed stay which is much appreciated when walking the WHW! Thank you to all the staff for my wonderful time here, I'll be sure to come again in the future and would recommend this place to anyone walking the WHW!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inversnaid
Winnock Hotel
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,275 reviews
Garrison of Inversnaid
Garrison of Inversnaid
#2 of 2 in Inversnaid

Been to Inversnaid Bunkhouse? Share your experiences!