“Good Vaue Excellent Bistro”

and 1 more site!
Inversnaid Bunkhouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Inversnaid B&B and Inns
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good Vaue Excellent Bistro”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed in the log cabin when walking the West Highland Way, The Log Cabin is comfortable basic accommodation with shared bathroom. The window from the room overlooks a stream and moorland, Good food in the Bistro. Very friendly staff.

Room Tip: If walking the WHW a lift is available to/from Inversnaid Hotel, but the walk up the road is alongsi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed there for one night with a friend on our way to Glencoe. The bunkhouse was easy to find, in a really quiet location. Our twin room and the shared bathroom were super clean. The dining options were unexpectedly varied and really good, proper cooking. Staff were very friendly and helpful, special thanks to Luna and Kieran.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed there with a big group, most of whom were in the bunkhouse, with a few of us (including me) camping. The standout feature of this place is how lovely the staff are. Very welcoming, friendly and helpful. They even picked us up from the pub down the road to bring us home for dinner (we weren't walking the WHW, just being lazy!). Very impressed. The staff seem to love the place and that's quite infectious.

The location is great, nestled in the lush green surrounds with a stream going alongside. The hot tub is a real treat and I was very pleasantly surprised by the food - I have to say I wasn't expecting much, but it was restaurant standard.

Overall, I'd highly recommend.

P.S. rating for swimming pool is actually for the hot tub.

Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Just back from a birthday weekend that I arranged for my husband at the Inversnaid Bunkhouse and we had an absolute ball! Great venue, friendly staff and really good food! We are already looking for excuses to go back.

Everyone could not have been more helpful from the initial booking till we were packing out cars to leave. Every single person enjoyed their stay!

Would highly recommend this place!

Westcliffe, Colorado
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First, I must say that these folks get a perfect 10 for friendliness and helpfulness. The restaurant is quite good. Breakfast is limited to a continental but adequate. Sleeping was another story.

We were placed in the "bunkhouse" portion which is a series of very tiny twin bed rooms along a hallway on the lower level (below the restaurant and the accompanying noise) with good, clean bathrooms (men's and women's) at the end of the hall. This arrangement could have been adequate as we were walking the West Highland Way and thought that we could sleep through most anything. This would have been true had the beds had standard sheets but there were instead a bag style sheet that you slide into and the pillow is inserted into another attached tube. The resulting feeling of restriction was too much for me so I "slept" on top of the sheet with my clothes on as the bed cover did not appear to be clean. I suffer from a foot problem that requires me to hang my feet over the end of the bed so this "tube sheet" arrangement was intolerable for me but would not affect most people. My wife, however, used the sheet and was uncomfortable with the feeling of restriction and we kept each other awake in shifts all night. Probably a matter of what a person is used to. Another couple staying here had similar complaints so I know that we are not alone. Just be warned.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Steve W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was exactly what you're looking for after a long day's walk.
The free pick-up service was much appreciated!
Cosy bistro, really liked the interior with the painted windows and church like ceiling.
The breakfast was worth its price.
A warm welcome is guaranteed!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stayed here with a group of friends as we walked the West Highland Way.

The bunkhouse is around 0.5 miles from the lake shore, and it's well worth taking the owners up on their offer to pick you up from the hotel car park (and return you there the following morning) as it's quite a steep climb up the road to the bunkhouse.

We arrived in the afternoon, and had tea with some excellent home-made scones - recommended!

Dinner was very good, and very reasonable prices. And the packed lunches were some of the best of our trip. My only complaints would be with the rooms - the beds are too short for anyone of above-average height (so I had to rearrange the room so that I could sleep on the mattress on the floor!). Other people in my group didn't find this to be a problem, but I wasn't the only one in our group who found the logic behind not having locks on the doors of our rooms to be rather spurious.

So, overall, an enjoyable stay, but with one or two reservations.

1 Thank WorldTraveller1313
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inversnaid
Loch Long Hotel
Winnock Hotel
Winnock Hotel
#1 of 2 in Drymen
Best Western Buchanan Arms Hotel & Leisure Club

Been to Inversnaid Bunkhouse? Share your experiences!