“Great value short break. Stunning views from hotel across the loch”
Review of Inversnaid Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inversnaid
Inversnaid Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inversnaid
Reviewed 17 July 2010

First ever coach holiday so we were a little apprehensive at first but would travel again with Lochs & Glens. Coach trip to Scotland and back was enjoyable and our driver, Peter, was friendly and helpful and informative without being over the top. Hotel is comfortable and for the cheap price we paid the standard of the accommodation and food was better than we expected. Choice of meals each evening with friendly waitress service and an efficient and friendly manageress. Good excursions every day and enjoyed the boat trips across the loch.
Good value for a cheap holiday.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 July 2010

Got back last night from a 5 day holiday with Lochs and Glens staying at the Inversnaid hotel, well what can I say, firstly this place has to be seen to be believed! the location right on the edge of Loch Lomond is simply stunning, The view from our room was second to none with a view of the water and across the Loch to Inveruglas and Loch Sloy power station, I know not everyone gets a loch view room so we were very lucky.

The hotel itself was very good, I will say they get alot of walkers there so there were some unwashed there at the time we stayed!!.

The hotel does tend to sprawl a bit and it is quite easy to get lost in the corridors and take a wrong turn when looking for your room which I did a couple of times!

Also there is no lift to some parts of the hotel so it might be a bit tricky for people with limited mobility, but the staff there were more than obliging and happy to help.

The food was plentiful and always hot and a good choice, the meal times were staggered depending on which party you were with and I did find sometimes that as our party had three early dinners during our stay two at 6.20 and one at 6.15 it made it a long night, but the staff in the dining room were all pleasant, efficient and helpful.

The duty manager at the hotel Scott was a case and told our table a hilarious story about a haggis one night!!!.

The bedroom I will say needed a little bit of upgrading with dirty marks on the walls and a couple of broken tiles in the bathroom, but overall the room was good, on the first night I did have to ask for the room to be dusted as there was so much dust around the base of the television and on the kettle you could write your name in it!!, but this was attended to and for the rest of the stay the room was clean and tidy. Also the room was a little on the small side but this didn't really bother us.

The excursions were excellent with trips to Oban, The Falkirk Wheel and Callendar House and the Glengoyne Distillery and the Trossachs with a lunch stop at the sister hotel the Loch Achray, where we had fresh scottish Salmon sandwiches for lunch.

The coach driver Duncan was brilliant, very knowledgeable and gave us lots of information and interesting things to look for, I would also like to say well done to him for negotiating the Inversnaid road and several other tight roads and getting us out of some tight situations when meeting other traffic on the narrow roads, I will say though he was a bit of a "Cheerful Charlie" with his stories of death and distruction!!!. Thanks Duncan!

The boat trip across the loch was good and enjoyable with the skippers banter and his cry of "abandon Ship" when we reached Inveruglas on the other side.

All in all a brilliant holiday, would recommed it to anyone and would go back in the future.

• Stayed: July 2010
6  Thank CheckoutChick37
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Although our stay was a couple of years before the date listed we found the staff at the hotel comparable with the best in the world. We chose not to go on an excursion planned by the tour operator and stayed at the hotel with two friends, decided to play bridge in the reception room and the on duty manager came a lit the fire to make sure that we were comfortable and warm. At the time of our stay Stefan was the assistant manager and made the whole trip an absolute delight. We would recommend the hotel unquestioningly. The tour we took was the Turkey and Tinsel, what a pleasurable experience all round.

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank Belmont_VTUSATheguys
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Whilst on my second days walking the famous West Highland Way I hit a problem 2 miles into the journey. The straps of my rucksack broke and it then had to be carried a further 8 miles when I reached the Inversnaid Hotel.
Once there I asked the barman, John, if there was anywhere I could purchase a rucksak, " no mate " was the answer but after checking the hotel to see if there was one available he got on his quadbike, nipped home and brought his own for me to use the rest of the Way. I couldn,t have asked for anyone to be more helpfull. Brilliant and it made the next nine miles possible.
I was then able to enjoy a pint and a lunch sitting outside the hotel in a lovely setting. I can,t comment on the rooms but if they are of equal standard to the service received from John and other members of staff I met with then the Inversnaid has the package.
I,ll hopefully manage back as a guest

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank DundeeB
Reviewed 6 June 2010

Stayed here for 4 nights as part of a Lochs & Glens Holiday.
Lochs & Glens as a company are faultless in there Organisation, Drivers, Coaches & most anything else, in short they give great value for money.
However this revue is on the hotel. On the whole it is good , the staff are very friendly, well organised & helpful in every way. It is obvious that they are on a budget to feed everyone. That said the meals were good, not gourmet, but adequate & varied, we never went hungry but the portions are not big.
The dining is at set tables i.e. not buffet, the waitress takes the order & makes a good job of getting it to you quick & hot.
The rooms are adequate however the soundproofing is non existant every move, drawer opening walk across the floor is heard in your room, I won't go into the bathroom noises!
If you go insist on a room in the main building as the floors are conrete & walls thicker. We were in the extension which is wood floors & partition walls.
The views however are magnificent & the waterfall outside the hotel is captivating.
If you go have a good time, we did.

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank DavidPMessingham
Reviewed 27 May 2010

We travelled with Lochs & Glens who own the hotel and from start to finish we were impressed with the high standards.
Apart from the bedrooms having dated wall coverings, everything was really good. Comfortable beds, spotless bathroom, excellent service in the dining room and friendly staff. Unlike some 3* hotels, there was plenty of lighting and storage space in the rooms and more than enough tea, coffee etc on the hospitality tray. As we were staying on half board basis we had an excellent 3 course meal each evening with a good choice on the menu. Breakfast was also plentiful and good, served at the table and we were told you could 'mix and match'. Plates were hot when they should be.
Of course, it's lochside position with a ferry service taking you across to the other side was a distinct asset, as was the view and the Arklet Waterfalls right beside the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010
2  Thank Hulberthouse
Reviewed 14 May 2010

Day 3 of our walk, we had got a packed lunch that day so were planning to stop for a drink at the inversnaid hotel, was a bit concerned from previous reviews that this would not be possible. Arrived with the sun beating so we sat out side and I went to the bar to get a couple of soft drinks, the staff were great, very welcoming and had no problem with our muddy boots or eating our own lunch, £5 for two pints of coke, so not too bad. The views were great, and at least 16 others walking the way stopped for a drink, so no problems welcoming walkers or letting you use the loo. Great Hotel

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlandSueGlasgow
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inversnaid
Loch Long Hotel
Lodge on Loch Lomond
Kilcreggan Hotel
Kilcreggan Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kilcreggan

Been to Inversnaid Hotel? Share your experiences!