The Old Smiddy
US$140
  • Breakfast included
Capercaillie(Killin)
US$107
Coach House Hotel(Killin)(Great Value!)
US$87
The Old Bank(Killin)
Pitchup.com
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stopped here on a cycling trip. Very warm welcome from Lynn and her staff. Comfortable room with the best shower ever. The food was also great and very reasonably priced. I'm veggie and had the soup of the day followed by penne arrabiata which was delicious. Lyn's husband is the chef and served a fantastic porridge (with cream - real laird's fare!) for breakfast. Set me up for a hard day's cycling. I cannot recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: I had a double room at the back. Maybe a bit small for two but fine for me alone and was very quiet with a comfortable bed. Access to the very good shower was a steep step. I believe some of the other rooms have a view of the river and the road was quiet that side.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Old Smiddy in Killin is a can't miss for your Buckets List. A quaint building steeped in history with its guest rooms modernised to meet the contemporary travellers' expectations, the Old Smiddy sits across the medieval bridge from the Falls. Lynn, her family and staff were terrific, ensuring that our every need, and whim, was satisfied. Our room was lovely, the bed comfortable, lots of hot water, and both dinner and breakfast were delicious. When I asked whether there might be gluten-free bread for toast, the chef cooked up potatoes to replace the potato cakes which contained glutinous flour. If you long for superb Scottish hospitality, do not miss The Old Smiddy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Stayed here in September with my husband, his brother and his girlfriend. Our rooms overlooked the falls and the dwelling water just put us to sleep the evening.

Be sure to book a table in advance, because lots of people eat there. That's no coincidence, because the food is just perfect! Youre stuffed afterwards!

Friendly hosts and in the morning we had a great breakfast. We all went for the continental breakfast, since it was our last morning in Scotland and we got tired of cooked breakfast after 10 days. I specificly loved the fresh fruit salad!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FemkeVD
Reviewed 14 December 2013

What a stunning building steeped in history and character in the most amazing settings. The staff are all amazing and really take the time to get to know you and serve you well. The food is consistently excellent (I go at least every fortnight now!) and the fish tea is possibly THE best I have ever tasted. Topped off with tablet ice-cream and a wander around the falls, it is a little piece of tranquility and soup for the soul every time I visit.

Room Tip: Speak to the staff, they are more than willing to get you a room that best meets your needs.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gronald1982
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from another fantastic stay. Loved it clean, nice views, lovely friendly staff and delicious breakfast. They have a fabulous little restaurant for dinner. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013