“Nice”

Price range: US$15 - US$23
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I went there with my girlfriend and at firsttime we stopped for a pint, what an absolutely delightful fireplace they have in there. The place was absolutely superb, the barman (i think he was the owner) was a really nice. We decided to give a try to the food...my girlfriend had a Smoked Salmon sandwich, it was lovely and I had Goats Cheese Fritata (saltless but thats not a problem) the only problem was I'd ordered Scallops and they gave me Chicken and Haggis...after that the owner changed the plates and gave me a free beer.
Best place in Killin without doubts

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely family meal today. Staff nice and friendly and everything very fairly priced. I had the rob Roy salas which was very tasty and a generous portion. For main I had the venison haunch with haggis rosti again great big portion all very nice and venison cooked to perfection. Def go back next time in area

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We went for dinner, lovely cosy bar area which we could have dined in, however chose the restaurant area which was fine too. We did not have starters, i chose lemon sole which was delicious, my husband had the venison which he thought was slightly overdone. My 12yr old daughter had a burger, which was deceiving as it was much smaller than the roll in which it was in! Although it was tasty. A mountain of chips accompanied. Desserts, again were mixed, my daughter had rich chocolate mousse which i was assured was amazing! Both myself and hubbie had cranachen cheescake which we were a bit disappointed with, it was quite heavy, needed some cream. I actually wanted the creme brulee but they had sold out! Staff were friendly.

1  Thank lozziepop
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My partner and I stopped off here for a quick lunch before going for a walk around Loch Tay. The staff were very welcoming and also very understanding when we accidentally left without paying our bill! The food was lovely although my meal was missing the artichoke listed on the menu... However, they've restored my faith in Gnocchi so I'll let that slide. Our dog was very welcome in the restaurant too which is always a bonus. Oh and the roaring fire.... Magnificent!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had a mixed experience here for dinner, some of the dishes were excellent, some were not. One of the dinners had half cooked scallops but then a number of us had excellent langoustines for mains. The table next to us were served a plate of very undercooked chips and had to get a new bowl. The price of the meals was very good but perhaps a little more attention required on the kitchen front as it has good potential. Great location beside the falls and a good, cosy pub at the front.