“Best we found in Killin. ”

The Falls of Dochart Inn
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Killin
Price range: US$15 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best we found in Killin. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We had a 7 night stay in Killin eating at various restaurants including this one .We had a vote between ourselves for where to eat on last night.We all agreed here. Service excellent, Food excellent on both occasions .Wouldn't think twice to return if/when we visit again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

We stopped by here on our way back from a trip to Loch Lomond, realising we were getting quite hungry after viewing the falls. We weren't expecting much as from the outside, the inn very much looks like a traditional pub - but what a traditional pub it is! The moment we walked in we were stunned by the massive fireplace that dominated the room where a life fire surrounded by candles was merrily crackling away giving the pub this wonderful atmosphere. Our second surprise was of course the food, which was just gorgeous. I had a delicious venison casserole and my friend's fish on a bed of mussels looked similarly inviting. The portions were generous and the staff friendly as well. Highly recommended on any visit to Killin and well worth the small detour from the A85 when going from Crianlarich to Callander/Crieff as well.

• Visited August 2014
Aberfeldy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I don't like food on wooden chopping boards!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I used to like this Inn. I've eaten there many times over the past thirty years. But this year I think the food standard has slipped, a lot. And to serve food on a wooden chopping board is really off-putting.
We had, supposed Venison burger, it was not good, chewy and with gristle in ti.
I think I'll give the place a miss from now on.
Poor !

• Visited August 2014
TheLocksmith
“super food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

A pretty little hotel with lovely staff and great food. Ate here both nights of our stay for the Highland Games

Visited August 2014
Durham, United Kingdom
“Great traditional Scottish pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is a wonderfully located traditional Scottish country pub, right opposite the Falls of Dochart. It is very cosy inside with an open fire as well as a number of tables outside. We arrived half an hour before they finished serving food and chose to sit outside as it was a mild summer evening. We made friends with a lovey little cat (Tibby) while we waited for our food. My husband had the venison burger and my brother had a beef burger while I had haggis, neeps and tatties. They both agreed the burgers were great and I can honestly say my haggis was the best I've ever had, the neeps and tatties were delicious too. There was a good range of drinks available including some real ales which went down well with the men while I enjoyed a bottle of Rekorderlig. For our three meals and three alcoholic drinks it cost about £44.

Visited August 2014