“Great stay lovely location fantastic facilities”

and 1 more site!
Loch Tay Highland Lodges
“Great stay lovely location fantastic facilities”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the basic wigwam for three nights. Not only did we have a tv, fridge, kettle and microwave but charcoal firefighters and logs were left for us to use as well. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Excellent cooking and toilet facilities. Definitely recommend.

1 Thank gillsta67

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Dunfermline, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from spending the weekend in one of the belle tents, the scenery and location is amazing!! The belle tent had everything you need to have a comfy stay, blow up beds, bean bags & throws but to be honest I wouldn't have used the throws or bags and we had to keep away from the side of the tent inside as it was very mouldy but it def didn't spoil the weekend!! The only thing that let the site down were the toilet block, from the outside it looked amazing but taking a shower wasn't such an amazing experience, on out second day I showered in the same cubicle with the same bug stuck to the wall and manky hair all down the walls too, it's like they hasn't been cleaned all weekend which is pretty poor and very unhygienic, not what I would have expected!! Apart from the filthy showers and mouldy tent we had a fab weekend and we will be back!

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed in the woodland lodge named Golden Mary which sported fantastic views of the Loch, the boathouse and the little harbour from the front wall which is entirely glazed!
Brilliant amenities in the kitchen and bathroom. Both rooms were immaculate. The living room was a comfortable size with two decent sized sofas. A generous dining table and good lighting in all living spaces meant it was a pleasant place to chill out after a long day exploring.
The double bedroom had a few spots of mould on the top window and the outside wall, this affected my partners breathing on the first few nights, but we left the side window open as much as possible to try and air it out. Thankfully I brought our own pillows as there was a few spots of mould on those too.
I can't comment on the park management as we arrived late on Monday night and left early the following Monday morning, so didn't come into contact with anyone.
The track down from the road is fine, if you take it slow.
Oh, and we loved the resident duck population. Such characters which greeted up every morning. We also bought some bird seed and managed to catch a glimpse of Blue Tits, Great Tits, Chaffinches and Robins.

1 Thank Louise M
UK
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Took my family and dog to Loch Tay for a week. We took advantage of all the nearby activities such as; archery; fishing; quad biking; Canadian canoeing; kayaking; clay pigeon shooting, thanks Andy and Jordan for making this possible and thanks Joe for the fishing. We also visited the Safari and Highland Games in the nearby town, Killin. The lodge was very clean and had all the amenities we needed. We would sit at night and relax looking at the fantastic views of the loch. Thank you for a brilliant holiday "We will be back".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bounty2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a wigwam/pod for one night, upon arrival were able to check in an 1hr early so that was a bonus. Found our accommodation very clean and tidy, basic but that was what we expected. The setting of the park is fantastic, some cracking scenery and plenty to do. Had all the amenities, toilet/shower block, kitchen area and utility room to clean plates etc. On the downside the toilet block was manky, now I appreciate a site this size will be difficult to keep clean given the amount if traffic through the shower block, but if people are expected to check out very early at 10am, I would expect the showers/toilet facilities to he clean in the morning, not in the same state as the night before. Found check in time of 4pm and check out time of 10am a bit harsh, could maybe look at changing them, found it very rushed in the morning trying to get everything together, especially with a family including young kids.
Not a bad stay, would I go back, yes but only after exploring similar sites.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

OMG! This site was an amazing place! Everything is quite close together but that just makes it convenient, beautiful waterfront location, lovely staff and a really superb Wig Wam Cabin, really big and homely. We bought logs and had an open fire and bbq, it had a tv and all facilities, we will deffinatley be going back.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamie-Anne313
Newcastle
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We have just stayed for 3 nights at loch tay highland lodges and I must say that I am not too impressed.
After a 250 mile drive we arrived at 3.45pm and were told check in wasn't till 4 and as such our wigwam wasn't ready ! Considering that check out is 10am, this gave the cleaners 6 hours to clean a little wooden hut ??? And it still wasn't done, we were asked to wait by the snotty woman in the reception, so we went down to the bar/restaurant for a drink and a bite to eat, it was closed and we were told it wouldn't be open again for another 3 days, there went our idea of sitting in the marina every night with a drink and watching the sun go down !! Pretty annoyed now.
Went back up to the reception and was told the cleaners still hadn't dropped off the keys and I would have to drive around the park and look for the cleaners so I could get the keys !!
Our wigwam (mull) was right on the footpath which gave us no privacy and also made the other guests uncomfortable as they had to pass us eating outside every time they went for a walk, people were constantly apologising for disturbing us as they walked by.

I did however find the site well looked after but completely lacking in any kind of atmosphere, there is nothing to do at all and asking any questions makes you wish you had never bothered !
All the nice cabins and range rovers are down the bottom next to the loch and the marina, all the plebs are kept up the top of the hill and out of the way.
I don't understand this site at all and couldn't wait to leave, the highlands are a beautiful place, and I won't let this place put me off going back again.
I'm actually disappointed I'm writing a negative review, but I'm of the opinion that people skills, understanding, forethought and a nice smile can go a very long way towards solving any problem, telling me briefly that, "sorry restaurant is closed" when I have worked all year and was looking forward to a lovely holiday with my wife and daughter, is just not good enough, neither is telling me to drive around a camp site looking for cleaners !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Wolf5150
Also consider these accommodations in or near Killin
Ardeonaig Hotel
Balquhidder Braes Scottish Holiday Park
The Kenmore Club
The Kenmore Club
#1 of 2 in Kenmore

Been to Loch Tay Highland Lodges? Share your experiences!