“Home made marmalade finished off our treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of MacGregor's Market

MacGregor's Market
Ranked #2 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Killin
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch
Description: MacGregor's Market is a community run venture and as well as a cafe we also operate an information centre, resource centre, greengrocers, delicatessen and wholefood grocery store from our two neighbouring shops in the centre of Killin village.
Alloa
“Home made marmalade finished off our treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, black pudding, bacon & Lorne sausage. All tasted great. Speciality teas and cafetiere coffees were good and hot. The atmosphere had a nice local feel which was perhaps explained when we discovered that they are a community based project. A great idea which is to be supported.

• Visited August 2014

Dumbarton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant, cafe is great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

The market is great addition to town as my son is vegetarian and I could pick up all sorts of bits I forgot to bring on holiday!

I had a uni assignment to get in and in a panic went into the cafe to finish. My laptop was playing up and the cafe offers a free wifi computer, so asked of I could jump in and work. The girl serving was lovely and served me my tea and roll at the computer. It took a bit longer to do and I was on there an hour in the end, no one else was waiting and the girl assured me all was fine.

In the end I drank an entire caffitere of coffee, a pot of tea and a roll and egg!

The Internet use is free but a little pot has been put for donations so I put a few pounds in that and paid the bill.

Lovely cafe, the day before my daughter sat and played chess with a complete stranger and other people came in and chatted too. Lovely old school cafe and reasonable prices. A real gem in the heart of the village x

Visited July 2014
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Wish I'd Had Room for Cake!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stopped in this restaurant whilst travelling through Killin. We enjoyed the lentil soup and selection of breads, which were delicious and filled me up, but my friends still had room for cake and were exclaiming loudly about how lovely they were between mouthfuls. We then made some purchases from the attached shop.
Overall, a lovely wee place with cheery, chatty staff and great food, and full of equally cheery locals - always a good sign!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank S J
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“A good find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We went in here on a damp June day after cycling from Lochearnhead. What a great place. Soup, bread, herbal tea, gingerbread- all excellent. Very friendly service. Just the thing to set us up for the return trip.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Agnes J
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Great place to rest your feet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

After walking from Lochearnhead to Killin - 8 miles - we were desperate for a cup of tea and to take the weight off our feet. MacGregor's Market frontage looked inviting so we popped in for a cup of tea and a sandwich. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited April 2014