Killin Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clachan Cottage Hotel(Lochearnhead)
Ardeonaig Hotel(Ardeonaig)
  • Breakfast included
Achray House Hotel(St Fillans)
Monachyle Mhor(Balquhidder)
Fortingall Hotel(Fortingall)
1,063 results
All reviewsthe rivercourse mealfour postercosy barfriendly hotelnight breakfamily roomtea and coffeebed and breakfastlovely locationporridgeshower roomenjoyable stayfood was lovelymy partnerboth nightssalmon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Decided to book a meal here whilst we were self catering in Killin. We had our meal in the conservatory restaurant which was lovely but I could imagine it might be oppressive on a really hot day. All courses were well cooked and good value, mains around £14.00. Staff were attentive and helpful

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed one night after trip to England. Room was big with a 4 poster advertised as a room with a river view. This would have been true before they built a large conservatory under the window. Just a glimpse now of the river. However good value given what we paid for B&B. Comfortable enough but could do with a good clean and upgrade. Lovely location and parking. Wifi only works in area across from reception and not in rooms. Handy enough stopover but would do itself more justice if a good cleaning regime put in place. However more positives than negatives.

Room Tip: Don't believe everything on the website.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SkyeNewYork
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I wanted a reasonable hotel at a reasonable price as a base for a few days hill walking. The Killin Hotel delivered this usually with a good smile from the helpful and welcoming staff. I suppose that my room in the main building could have been a little larger, but as I was on my own it suited me fine with a good amount of storage space and a decent en-suite bathroom. The thick walls made the room fairly quiet at night despite it being at the front of the hotel - furnishings were comfortable enough and the décor was quite modern and certainly not tired. The room was kept nice and clean on a daily basis.

The food in the restaurant was generally of a good standard and the servings were quite sufficient - the Chicken stuffed with Haggis on a bed of Black Pudding was certainly a challenge! Excellent cask beer from the well stocked bar rounded off the experience. Breakfast was also very good and set you up for a long day in the hills.

Overall, a great base from which to walk the many hills in the area - thanks to the staff at the hotel for making it an enjoyable break.

Room Tip: Free Wi-Fi is apparently being slowly rolled out to all rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We booked this hotel as we were attending a nearby wedding. The hotel accommodated us to check in early which was good but we had phoned ahead a few days before and asked them to book us a taxi to the wedding as we were going to be very tight for time. However, when we arrived there was no taxi booked! This meant a bit of a mad dash to find a local taxi driver who would get us there on time. The room had a nice view of the river and the bed was comfy. However, the decor was a bit tired and old fashioned. The room was also very small. This was a bit disappointing after viewing their website. The staff were friendly enough but I have to say all in all this was really not worth £100 a night. If I was going back to Killin I would book somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a late lunch. Nice conservatory - lovely outlook - barman came up and asked 'are you in for some grub?' I ordered piri piri chicken salad. £11.95 got me limp lettuce, tomatoes , boiled eggs, soft croutons, soggy tasteless chicken pieces and a teaspoon of bought in dressing which certainly was not Caesar. Won't be back despite the setting.

• Stayed: July 2014