“lovely staff”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

I am amazed to have read the reviews as we could not have found a more reasonable priced cafe with delicious food or kinder people.The watersports is fantastic.I think that some people expect the world for a tesco price.We found the baking amazing and the lady even gave my children a bag of bird food to feed the ducks.Smashing place,can't fault it.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank ferruleman

Nottingham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

We have visited Loch Earn for nearly 20 years both with, and without the children, and have been into the Watersports Centre many times. Until a few years ago it was run by Neil and others and could provide a wide range of snacks and meals throughout the day at reasonable prices. In recent years those running it have changed, firstly by people who banned us taking the dog in, and now by ones who, as in a previous review, 'charge hotel prices for greasy spoon food'.

We called this year with our youngest son (21) who had flown up to join us for a few days.

I went for the cheapest thing on the menu, jacket potato (£5.50!) when it came it was 2 potatoes freshly (!) microwaved, now pretty cold and covered in coleslaw - at least that is what was called. My wife could not have her cheese toastie as the sandwich toaster had just failed and my son's scampi must have been caught from somewhere suffering an oil slick. Cost nearly £25 - the only time we went that week.

Not impressed with the language from one female member of staff to another.

Also they wanted £10 to launch my 4HP boat - 100% increase from before, launched it from the loch side, savings paid for petrol for the week!

If you want a snack near here go up Glen Ogle (north) to the mobile snack bar. This is open every day except Tuesday and Wednesday, run by a super couple who charge very reasonable prices and provide service with a smile every time! - check out http://www.robroycountry.com/index.php/Details/Glenogle-Snax-Killin.htm?Itemid=0

Otherwise Loch Earn is well worth a visit - we are booked for 3 weeks self catering for 2012.

Visited August 2011
2 Thank Robert S
Dundee, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Beautiful location - extremely rude staff”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We went for as part of a groupon deal for watersports - had paid £30 each for 2 hours activities - when we arrived there was no one there to help us - we had to wait around for ages and then after our session was meant to have started we were eventually given wetsuits. Once we were changed and almost in the water someone decided to tell us that the activities we were meant to be doing were broken and we could get a refund. (after travelling for two hours to get there and after letting us get changed we were not impressed!!!) We did enjoy ourselves but were shocked by lack of organisation and rudeness one member of staff - asked us if we were enjoying ourselves and then walked away whilst we were replying to him!

Would definately go back to Loch Earn for watersports but would avoid this company again!

Visited September 2011
3 Thank superj275
edinburgh
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What a lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

My children and I have just stopped off at the watersports centre and cannot believe the improvements from last year. We didn't plan any sports but could not resist the zorbing and a bannana ride. A five minute stop for a drink ended up as the rest of the day with a lovely meal and too many cakes!

Visited May 2011
2 Thank ferruleman
Broughty Ferry
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Give This Place a Wide Swerve”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2011

Called in for breakfast. New tenants running cafe. We ordered the "Full English Breakfast" which came with toast and marmalade with coffee being charged as an extra.
Took a seat at a table and within a few minutes lady who I take to be person in charge arrived with two side plates each with a small roll on it. Both plates were covered in crumbs and on lifting the top of the roll there was a small dried up yellow patch about the size of a 50p piece which I took to be the spread. The rolls had obviously been spread on each side plate hence the mess. I looked a bit confused and she informed us this was not our breakfast. I explained that we had arranged toast and was advised "Toaster blew up 20 minutes ago that's why you are getting rolls". No apology was given. Breakfast arrived shortly and we can only describe it as horrendous. Eggs brown and crispy round edge, bacon covered in small black deposits which made us wonder if grill plate was clean, black pudding full of white fat spots. No sign of any marmalade being brought. We picked our way through it and then went to pay by card only to be told "Don't take cards". Again no apology. I asked if there was a sign to indicate this and was advised "Don't need to put up a sign". Luckily had cash and duly paid. As I was handing over money I asked what had happened to our marmalade only to be told "You could have asked for it" followed by "Anyway you're a bit rude so you'd better just go" I stated that I felt they would not be winning any Restaurant of the Year Awards any time soon and turned to leave. At this point as I was walking out she shouted "You're banned". I simply turned round and advised her that she couldn't pay me to eat there again. Customer service, food presentation and culinary skills are obviously not within this establishment's remit. The total price for this was £17.45 - hotel prices but greasy spoon standard. We normally have a fab breakfast in Cafe Comrie about 20 minutes along the road for the total sum of £11.90 for two with as much coffee as you want and everything beautifully cooked and presented. Sadly they were closed that day hence us giving this place a try. Never again.

Visited April 2011