“lunch”

The Goil Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 March 2014

nice menu.good service. child friendly. good views overlooking loch. lovely cullen skink. pig of a place to get too. single track roads but worth the effort.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Visited here on two occasions during Feb half term 2014. On both occasions though the place looked closed on the outside, on the inside we were welcomed with a roaring fire and friendly staff. The decor is clearly new and refurbished. The food was good pub grub. I had two traditional Scottish dishes and my wife and children had two different dishes each as well. So, from our 8 meals I can say the food was well prepared, generously portioned, and served promptly in every case. Value for money was good. Great views from the windows and a reasonable selection of drinks. The only downside I found was the lack of family tables? Due to 'Licensing laws' childeren were only allowed on one side of the pub. Don't let this put you off, but, do either pre book or check before dragging your whole clan in there! I have to say I can't see where previous reviewers formed their opinions, certainly wasn't my experience of the inn.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Popped in for lunch on the off-chance. Disappointed at the lack of friendly welcome from the person who I believe to be the owner. Felt like he was doing me a favour by letting us be there. Food was average quality, average price. This used to be a great place to visit so disappointed that it is no longer welcoming.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

on 25thJuly my daughter my aunt and I dined here
My meal of haggis neeps and taties was fine but my daughters meal of scampie and chips was below average whilst my auntsmeal of spinach and potato soup was awful

Reviewed 9 August 2013

During our recent trip to Drimsynie we thought we would have dinner at the Goil Inn as we had been before and the food was great. The pub has definately been modernised since last time and looks great. I went to the bar to ask for a menu and a table for dinner to be told they were too busy and that it would be at least an hour before we could get dinner. This was a bit disappointing as after looking around i only saw 4 or 5 tables eating. As we had walked from Drimsynnie we may have waited with a drink or so but didnt get the chance. We then walked back to Drimsynnie and ate there instead.