“best in the area for food”

The Goil Inn Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“best in the area for food”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We ate at the Goil Inn twice during a recent stay at Drimsynie Hotel and enjoyed the food. Good menu and friendly service.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank PzRKirsty
argyllholidays001, Marketing Assistant at The Goil Inn Restaurant, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hi there, firstly thanks for dining with us, and taking the time to write a review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed it and we hope to see you again soon.

Paisley, United Kingdom
“Loved it!!!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

On Saturday 31st May took a walk with my family from Drimsynie Holiday Village round to the Goil Inn. I had pre booked a table for 6pm and as we arrived a bit early and it was a beautiful evening sat outside with a drink. Met some lovely people who were all sitting outside enjoying the sunshine. My family all enjoyed their meals and had no complaints and service was good. Haggis neaps and tatties were amazing!!! As it is a small extablishment I would suggest you pre book especially if you have children. Great value for money. Although staff were busy they were corteous and pleasant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jacqueline T
Hi there, thanks for your review. Glad you enjoyed the experience, and that the weather was on your side. We do hope you return soon!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Ate there a number of times - not out of choice - out of lack of choice!!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's pub grub - no problem with that, but the menu is so unvaried! We were staying in a local cottage which was not up to our expectations so had to eat out more than we had expected to.
Kids menu - pretty good & good value (our daughter really enjoyed the sausage, chips & beans - every time)!

I am pescetarian but prefer to eat totally veggie. There is only 1 veggie dish on the menu (I exclude a cheese sandwich which I don't want to have for an evening meal). Chef - please believe me, your deep-fried gnocchi with cauliflower cheese is unpleasant - please add another choice!! I did ask one night if chef could do something else for me, but was told no as he was on his own & busy (I counted 3 more occupied tables).

As I mentioned - reasonably kids menu but not dessert menu, so you had to pay full price for a full adult sized kids pudding (almost always left because portion size too large - so wasteful).

Signs in the window show they do a breakfast roll service, but my husband & daughter turned up for one but they weren't open!

Almost everything is with chips!! Try a jacket potato or a rice option on the menu.....a restaurant can be basic & easy for a menu, but doesn't need to be so limited.

Yes - nice loch views & bargain 50p pool table (not for use during meal times).

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Sarah B
Santa Cruz, California
“Wonderful lunch and dog!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stopped here for lunch on the way back to Stirling and ended up playing "catch" with what we assume was the resident border collie, a very friendly dog indeed. I snapped a few photos of her and this winter drew a scratchboard portrait of her. I wanted to email it to the owners but can't find an email address for the Inn so was happy to see I can upload it here!

2 Thank Peggy E
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Disappointed. ”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We showed up at 14.00 for a meal. We saw they stopped serving at 14.30 on the board outside.
We ordered some drinks which we were served and told food was still on so we took the menus and after 5 mins of looking went back to order to be told no more food kitchens closed.
It was only 14.15 so very disappointed.
If we'd have been told we wouldn't have bought drinks and moved on.
A shame. The place looks nice and has great views.
But if it says 14.30 is cut off time then should serve till then.
Oh well.