“Lovely Caravan Break.”

and 1 more site!
Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village
“Lovely Caravan Break.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Just back from a four night stay in a great caravan. Comfortable and roomy for two people with all the facilities needed including two bathrooms. The site gets better with each visit. They really go out of their way to cater for all ages but the young ( and young at heart ) are never short of something to do. The grounds are well looked after and a pleasure to walk through. The bar does great meals and the staff are very friendly and always chatty and smiling. Can be a wee bit warm at night in the bar but a pint of cold ale will help. Prices are ok, especially when you remember the distance down a minor road to deliver the goods. The Haggis Pakora should not be missed !!

A couple of things on the downside should be mentioned.

The road from the Rest and be Thankful to the site is a typical minor road for the Highlands and should be driven with respect. Take it easy, look ahead and see where the next passing place is.
You are bound to meet an oncoming vehicle on a blind bend with few places to pass.
Like everywhere just now the Midge is the curse of the country, and the Park is no exception.
We use a repellent called "Lifesystems. Expedition 100".... its about £8 for 100ml. and has to be used with care. Every time we were out, the midges were in a cloud around our head and arms.
We did not get a single bite in the four days. Its either that or wear a mosquito/midge head net.
Don't worry about the slightly brown water in the toilet or sink....its normal and treated and makes the best ale and whisky in Britain.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your comprehensive feedback. I am glad that my team came up to your expectations.

Really pleased to read your feedback and also shared with my team as it helps us to improve our service and also motivate us to keep doing more for our valued customers.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Drimsynie Estate and in the mean while if there is anything which you would like to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 44 1301 703344 or reception@drimsynie.co.uk

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the lodges for a long weekend on a family gathering, lodges were massive & the views were fabulous, plenty to do if the weather is not great, swimming, bowls etc, we had a meal for 65 of us which was a bit disappointing but I think that was to do with the numbers even though we pre warned them, cannot really fault the place & the local walks are fantastic, would come again

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Colincfc
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Colincfc

Thank you for leaving your review for us here at Drimsynie Estate.

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and you choose us as your family gathering destination. We find that we host several family gatherings each year as we can accommodate all types and sizes of groups and we have something for everyone ranging from outdoor adventure quad biking to taking it a bit slower in the treatment rooms with Julia.

I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations for your family meal, i would be most grateful if you could contact me directly on 01301 703344 to give me your feedback to tell me where we went wrong so we can get it right in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Be sure to like us on Argyll holidays Facebook page to keep up to date with everything!

Kind Regards
Carole Fraser
Duty Manager
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed at the Drimsynie hotel in June 2014 for a short weekend break.

We chose to stay in the standard double room, the room itself was large, had partial views onto the loch and had everything you really needed. The website doesn't necessarily make it obvious when booking, but if you are a guest at the hotel then you have breakfast included in your stay, as well as free access to the swimming/sauna/steam room facilities and other activities such as the crazy golf too. Added bonus for us as we hadn't realised all this was included when we booked!

The first night we ate in the Rob Roy dining room within the hotel complex which was okay, but nothing special. The entertainment was pretty standard - karaoke on a Friday night, entertainer on Saturday night and bingo on during the days. We also tried food at both the local pubs during our stay - the Shore House Inn is a fab location right on the beach and a lovely little pub but the food wasn't up to the prices in our opinion. The second pub in the main town, the Goil Inn was our preferred option for eating out during our stay.

One of the activities we chose during our stay was the quad biking experience and we couldn't recommend it more. The instructor Craig was a good laugh, really down to earth and knew his stuff about the area so it was a great way to take in the sights and also learn a bit about the area from someone in the know. He was great at putting us at ease and taking us both at a pace that was comfortable for us - My boyfriend is a non-driver and neither of us had much experience on quads before so Craig catered to our skill levels as a group to make the experience great for us all. There are a number of different tracks available depending on your skill levels so this is an activity that would be suited to all ages really. So much fun and the views from being up in the hills were stunning.

Overall it was a great stay, it's so easy and quick to get to from Glasgow yet it's so peaceful and picturesque you would think you were much further away

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PzRKirsty
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks very much for your feedback.

I am really pleased to read your comments about your room and all the extras that you get with your room when you book with us.

We want to make sure that all our customers get great value for money and I am very happy that we have been successful in doing so whilst you stayed with us.

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Go Active Team at Drimsynie that you were happy with the activities and specially with your instructor.

Many thanks
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Well, we arrived at 1pm, booking in 2pm, not a problem, hit the restaurant for a cooling drink and a snack, got the drinks and snacks, cooling nope sauna yes, there is no air conditioning at all, and they have the heating on all the time, sweating i thought i would get more drinks in, well not to many, pint of lager £4.05, steep, food was good though expensive.
Lets sit outside and eat, EAT, being the word, we could not eat, but the midgies had a feast, well i call them midgies, they had DOC MARTINS AND TIN HELMETS ON, AND FLEW SPITFIRES.
We went up to the house/ hotel, beware when booking, make sure you ask for a room with a view up at the house, room 7 if you can get it nice but like a sauna all day. If you do not request this, you will end up in a room at the leisure centre, guess where they are, UNDER THE BOWLING LANES, YES YOU READ RIGHT, UNDERGROUND ROOMS WITH NO WINDOWS AND NO AIRCON, YOU WOULD BE BETTER OFF IN A COFFIN.
FOOD WAS OK NOTHING SPECIAL PUB GRUB REALLY, up at the house there is a bistro and bar lounge, and residents lounge, open 5 days a week, wait for it, do not book in on a monday,as they are all closed until wednesday, great eh.
We found out that the same pub grub is served at the bistro and lounge restaurants up at the house, only far more expensive, a rip off, the surrounding area is fantastic and can not be beaten, same as the midgies, there is plenty for kids to do.
But take my advice and stay down the road at HUNTERS QUAY HOLIDAY PARK, COULD NOT FAULT IT, BIGGER FRESHER, ONE MIDGIE, ENTERTAINMENT EVERY NIGHT, UNLIKE DRIMSYNIE. PLUS THERE ARE TWO SWIMMING POOLS.
OVERALL JUDGEMENT GET AIRCON, IMPROVE BAR PRICES, AND INCLUDE SMIDGE FORMULA FREE TO ALL GUESTS, IT REALLY WORKS.

Room Tip: take smidge spray, ask for room seven up at the house.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank david m
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Guest

First of all thanks for taking the time to write your feedback.

I am glad to know that you were happy with the food in Rob Roy but disappointed to read that you were not happy with the price.

Unfortunately we do not have air cons in the rooms or in the restaurant and this is clearly mentioned at time of booking and also on our web site we don't advertise our rooms as air conditioned . Please accept my sincere apologies if you were expecting air cons.

You have mentioned about the midges but this is something which myself and my team has no control over and is something which we get in this part of the world in summer for a short period.

I believe you stayed in room 7 and I hope you were happy with everything else but temperature but as I mentioned earlier our rooms are not air conditioned which might have left you disappointed which I am really sorry to hear. You are mentioning about some under ground rooms which I believe is some sort of misunderstanding as we have rooms on the ground floor (half of them have windows with really nice view as well) but not underground rooms. Yes we do have some rooms which don't have any windows but again we sell them as rooms without windows.

You have mentioned about the food in your first paragraph as being good but in third paragraph as ''OK nothing special''- I would really appreciate if you let us know about your actual feedback so I am able to figure out if you were happy with the food or not as we really take customer feedback seriously. I have also checked my booking records which shows that you made a booking both in Bistro and Rob Roy but it went as no show - Please let us know if you made another booking again as our record shows that your booking went as no show. Both Bistro and Rob Roy menu is different and have separate kitchen and I am really sorry to hear that again we were not up to your expectations in terms of price in Bistro.

Thanks very much again for all your comments and feedback as this will help us improve our service.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We visit drimsynie at least once a year to stay in their lodges and will continue to go back. The location is brilliant, stunning views and the staff are all very friendly.

A number of things to do on the estate from walks, golf, swimming too various kids activities if going with a younger family. The grounds on the estate are well maintained in particular the Golf course is very well looked after for a 9 hole. Going self catering we chose to go to the shore for one of our dinners out and the food was good without being spectacular. Prefer to cook in the lodge with a few drinks on the veranda.

Few tips if staying in the lodges - take towels, bottled water and the usual things you would require for a self catering holiday. Better to be over prepared! Couple of DVDs at night is also a good idea if not going out.

Down side - think the eagle lodges finally need a lick of paint, that aside another great trip and will be back up later in the year when there are discounts on the lodge prices.

Iain

Room Tip: Eagle lodges near the river are very quiet but needing a quick lick of paint on the walls
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
argyllholidays001, Manager at Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest
Really pleased and happy to read your feedback. I am glad that we came up to your expectations.
Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilise your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be.
We look forward to welcome you again at Drimsynie Estate
Scotland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed here for an overnight and what an experience, the views are amazing and the area its built on is massive, well worth going, the staff are very friendly and are happy to help is much as they can,

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank G_Inspector
Dear Guest

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor about Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village.

Your feedback is very helpful & encouraging. Thank you so much for your amazing feedback.

Just to confirm I will definitely be sharing this with All my team and it means a lot to us that you took time to give us your valuable feedback.

Many thanks

Awaiz Adil
burton on trent
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for one night when i was in the area on business. The whole hotel felt tired and unloved. My room was dated. There were cracked tiles in the bathroom. I asked for an early breakfast and after a while was told we would be able to a continental. In the morning I found the door to get out of my corridoor was locked so i had went out of the fire door NOT GOOD. Breakfast was then half an hour later than I had asked for so had to wolf it down so not to be late. One to avoid if posible but there is very few option in the local area.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alfiered
Dear Guest

Thanks for your feedback, I appreciate that you took time to write about your stay with us.

I am really disappointed to read that you were not happy with your room and we failed to come up to your expectation. We are always keen to hear from our customers and have always made necessary changes in the past when and where required and will continue to do so in the future as well. I am not sure if you raised this with the duty manager at the time who would have been more than happy to assist.

I have spoken to my reception team about your breakfast and as you checked in quite late and nothing was arranged at time of booking, it was really short notice for us to arrange something for you out of breakfast times, but we did offered you an alternative option which you had declined.

I would still like to apologies for the inconvenience this might have caused and hope that you will give us another chance

Best wishes
Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgoilhead
Loch Long Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,119 reviews

Been to Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village? Share your experiences!