“Fantastic scenery, great food”
Review of The Shore House

The Shore House
Ranked #1 of 2 Lochgoilhead B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Enjoyed our dinner here, the location is superb and the food was good. It's only a short walk from the Drimsynie Holiday Estate where we stayed for the holiday. Our table was overlooking the loch and provides such a scenic backdrop.

1  Thank alwaysmel143
There are newer reviews for The Shore House

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I have just been taken away for a surprise mystery weekend.....destination unknown.....I was absolutely delighted to find myself in this idyllic location on the shores of Loch Goil. On arrival, we were shown to our pristine,comfortable and very tastefully decorated room with a spectacular view of the loch. The owners, Gillian and Mark, are extremely welcoming and friendly, as are every one of their staff, ensuring that you get maximum enjoyment from your stay. On the Friday evening the locals had an acoustic/ folk session in the bar, which we were delighted to be invited to take part in (we usually have a guitar lurking in the car boot - just in case). We ate in the hotel restaurant on both evenings of our stay. The restaurant has a lovely relaxed atmosphere, and again, a stunning loch side view.The dinner menu was really varied and interesting, and the food , absolutely delicious....as was breakfast both mornings.If I could change anything about this hotel, it would be........absolutely nothing.You have it just right, Gillian and Mark....we can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Rooms with loch views.....a must
1  Thank Debbie K
theshorehouseinn, Owner at The Shore House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you so much Debbie for your brilliant review. It's fantastic to get such wonderful feedback. Mark and I certainly enjoyed the Friday night acoustic session too! You and Graeme gave a fabulous performance, and along with our other guests joining in with our regulars it was a great night. We look forward to welcoming you back as soon as possible. Gillian and Mark

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stayed one night on our Scottish road trip. This B & B is certainly off the beaten track, but the area is tranquil and peaceful once you get there, and the views from the restaurant are superb out to the bay. Had a side seaview room which was fine, but if you could manage a main seaview room I am sure this would be even better. The owners Mark & Gilly are just warm and hospitable and it would be hard not to go back. I did not have a good dinner experience on this occasion although shared a few slices of pizza, which was excellent, and (although not an extensive list) the wines were good and reasonable. It was a Friday night and unbeknown to us it was the night for a Session of Musicians just popping in with their guitars and doing their thing, this made the evening a great success overall.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your very good review of the Shore House. I am glad you chose to stay with us as part of your Scottish tour - hope you managed to enjoy some of our recommendations on Skye on the next leg of your journey. We are sorry your main course was not up to our usual high standard but thank you very much for letting me know at the time and thus enabling me to amend your bill. A big thank you also for your husband's fabulous guitar playing and singing. It was a great pleasure having you stay and I hope you will come back soon. Gillian and Mark

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Like I promise when I got back to north wales I would write my review
1. The hosts are warm and welcoming and charming to talk to making you feel at ease the moment you walk through the door
2. The food is excellent and plentiful the chicken stuffed with haggis is to die for as is the steak and Guinness pie
jim is wonderful can we have him here in north wales pls !!!! Oh the oat cakes
I can't wait to come back and see u guys again I really enjoyed myself Oh I will bring you some welsh whiskey on my next visit
Steve , jo, and blue

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
theshorehouseinn, Owner at The Shore House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Well, to use your word, Wow, what a super review! Thank you so much for giving us such great feedback, but no, you can't take Jim to Wales! It was a pleasure to meet you and welcome you to the Shore House during your week's stay. We look forward to sampling the Welsh whisky next time you're here. Best wishes, Gillian and Mark

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was staying in the caravan park for the weekend with a group of girl friends, we ate out in The Shore House Inn on both the Saturday and Sunday night. Thoroughly enjoyed both meals, the food was delicious, beautifully presented and plentiful!

I had the most amazing starter, black pudding with goat’s cheese, it was divine. For my main I had fillet steak, again delicious and perfectly cooked. On the Sunday night I had a pizza which was very tasty (and huge) we all enjoyed our meals and had no complaints at all.

The staff were lovely, attentive but not overly so, ambiance great and stunning views out over the loch.

Looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cutecat1
theshorehouseinn, Owner at The Shore House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

That's a great review! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion of the Shore House. We, and our super chefs Jim and JD, are delighted you enjoyed your meals so much. The Stornoway black pudding and goats cheese starter is one of our most popular dishes - it's a flavour combination that really seems to work. I am glad you and your friends enjoyed your visit and I do hope you will come back soon. Gillian Curtis.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our group of 5 had a fantastic meal on Saturday night. The food was great and the service and atmosphere were just right. The quality of the food was really high and very good value. It was so good we went back on Sunday for another great meal.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Louise C
theshorehouseinn, Owner at The Shore House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank you Louise for your very lovely review of your meals at the Shore House. It was great to welcome you back so soon! I am so pleased you and your friends enjoyed your evenings with us and hope you will come back to lovely Lochgoilhead in the very near future.. Gillian Curtis

Reviewed 16 March 2014

had a very enjoyable week-end stay at the shore house in march.if fortunate enough to be in room 1 or 2 you will enjoy a fab view out over the loch.had dinner in the hotel on the friday night and it was top notch.the service between the owners, the waitress and chef was second to none.my two stepdaughters and partners joined us on the saturday night and we all thought the shore house was a very comfortable and enjoyable place to stay.we will certainly be back.mark and gillian just keep doing what your doing.

Room Tip: rooms 1 and 2 are the pick of the 4 because of the views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
theshorehouseinn, Owner at The Shore House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Thank you very much for your super review. We all really appreciate your lovely comments and are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope it's not too long before we see you again. Best wishes, Gillian and Mark Curtis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lochgoilhead
Loch Fyne Hotel & Spa
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar
Macdonald Forest Hills Hotel & Spa
Drimsynie Estate Holiday Village

Been to The Shore House? Share your experiences!