“Massive Disappointment”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely location and the waiting staff tried really hard.
Sadly that's where the positives end.
The food was majorly disappointing.
My lamb had to rank as one of the smallest meals I've ever had. It really would have been more suited to the starter part of the menu.
My wife's curry, in my opinion, had been re heated in a microwave or allowed to stand for a period of time before being brought out. It had that glazed appearance that food has when it's cooled down.
We mentioned to the waitress that the meal wasn't as good as we'd expected and she did offer to replace it but that would have meant eating at separate times.
Very disappointing.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Ate here on a recent two night stay. The staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly.

I was disappointed with the Menu as I found it to be quite limited in choice for what I would be able to eat due to having an autoimmune disease which limits what I can and cant eat however I managed to find two dishes on the mains section which I could eat, I am sure had I explained the situation to the staff they would have done every endeavour to make sure there was something suitable as the staff seem to go over and above to make sure their diners have truly great service.

We had breakfast both mornings we stayed and I found there was something for everyone, a great choice and always well stocked up when things are running low they are quickly topped up.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant with stunning views across Loch Lomond. Food was excellent with the best steaks we've ever eaten. Staff were extremely friendly and professional. Very highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Great setting overlooking the Loch Lomond. Average Food quality. Decent prices. Very Friendly and caring staff. A lovely evening and breakfast. We were lucky to see a rainbow at dinner.
Thank you all.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

As this is a 4 star hotel we thought we would get a really good Sunday lunch. We were very disappointed as there was no choice of meat and the vegetables were overcooked. Poor value for money but a very nice view