“A great little place”

Lodge on Loch Lomond
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Luss
Reviewed 3 February 2013

I've been using the Lodge for over ten years now, every time I am in the area for work. It is a treasure - comfortable rooms in the main building with panelling for a homely, warm feel. Some of the rooms have their own sauna, which is a delight when coming back after a long day (or, for those staying for pleasure, after a walk in the surrounding area). The bar is a great place to relax, with comfortable chairs, a nice fire and a good selection of whisky. The restaurant is strong, too, offering quality food at a fair price. Breakfast is a buffet, with a good choice of hot and cold food (although lorne sausage and black pudding would have been nice!)

If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the bathrooms in the rooms can be on the cold side early on a January morning - the only heating in the bathroom is a towel rail.

That said, the Lodge remains my favourite hotel in the area, and I'm already looking forward to my next trip.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,628)

Reviewed 28 January 2013

Check in was quick, the staff were lovely and we were quickly shown to our room which was looking out over the loch and had its own sauna, the bath/shower was all electronically controlled as was the wash basin. There was tea/coffee facilities along with biscuits.
The rooms have a television with various cable channels, there was also an internet connection in the room. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant every night of our stay which was nice and relaxing and the food was of exceptional standard and the presentation was stunning.
The staff were very professional and very attentive, we were never left to long without someone asking if we needed anything A plus for me was the extensive variety of malt whiskies of which I tried many .
The breakfast next morning was fantastic a big choice of everything all set out on a buffet counter and your eggs were cooked to order,their was also a menu with specials on and one morning we had crumpets with poached egg and crispy bacon and maple syrup.
The view at our table for breakfast was stunning, looking out over the loch in all its tranquility what a fine start to a morning that was, all in all a fantastic stay and well worth the money.
I have placed this hotel on my must visit again list!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phonicsfella17
Reviewed 26 January 2013

Myself and my wife stayed at the hotel for 2 nights in a Corbett Room in the middle of January.
When we arrived in the room the first thing we noticed was how spacious the room was and the fabulous views out to the loch. The main restaurant was closed so we had to eat in the Macmillan Suite for our first evening meal and both breakfasts. The service in the restaurant was very good especially by one waitress in particular. Although we had a few issues with both the room and the service once management were involved these were delt with swiftly and effectivly but we would however go back to stay the next time we are in Scotland

Room Tip: Choose a Corbett Room for the space and the view and if you are lucky beautiful sunny weather
1  Thank controllerman
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This is a must visit, at least even stop off for a malt whisky whilst overlooking the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond. Beautiful hotel.. friendly and helpful staff and the new part of the hotel (built to the rear which includes the spa) is modern and chic. We arrived early and had the full spa (pool, jacuzzi and 3 steam rooms) to ourselves for an hour, bliss!

Reviewed 19 January 2013

My Hubby booked this hotel for our Honeymoon - and it was the perfect place as it oozed romance and beauty. Upon arriving I knew hubby had done well but when we checked into our room to discover the balcony which overlooked Loch Lomond I fell in love! The room itself was also perfect with a great amount of space, the adorable little teddy bears on the bed and we also had a sauna in our room - a definite first for us! On the first night we enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant and not only was the food tasty but the view just made the whole night both relaxing and romantic. The only bad part about this hotel was that we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BronwynKaye
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Lovely views from our balcony. Room spacious and well presented with excellent facilities but decor a bit tired. The restraint was closed for redecoration so meals were served in separate building. Views were lovely here as we'll. staff very pleasant and efficient. That said for a hotel that aims for top end luxury we were a bit dissapointed with no wifi free or otherwise.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather S
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a short break at this hotel. We found it to be in a beautiful setting and were very pleased with our room which had a balcony overlooking Loch Lomond. I especially like the 'romantic' touch of 2 teddy bears on the double bed, which you can buy at reception ( a bit pricy at £25 each I thought), but nevertheless, I'm sure a nice guy would buy one for his partner if she really wanted it. We had our evening meal at their sister hotel - Inverbeg Inn - just a few miles further on, which was nice and had a lovely atmosphere. The bonus to our stay, was waking up to see we had a heavy snowfall overnight and made the stay that wee bit ' magical' - a lovely memory. On the down side, our room was in the building away from the restaurant and so we had to walk over in the snow for breakfast. I did not have suitable footwear at the time and my feet got a little damp. I would return but I think next time , I would stay in the main building. The staff were young and very pleasant. Other reviews have mentioned having a comfortable bed - unfortunately not in our case. We found the bed to be too hard and did not have a very good sleep

Room Tip: probably best to have a room in the main building although if you don't mind a walk in all weath...
1  Thank lanzaholic
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luss
Cameron House on Loch Lomond
#3 of 6 in Arrochar
Arrochar Hotel
Arrochar Hotel
#4 of 6 in Arrochar

Been to Lodge on Loch Lomond? Share your experiences!