I've been using the Lodge for over ten years now, every time I am in the area for work. It is a treasure - comfortable rooms in the main building with panelling for a homely, warm feel. Some of the rooms have their own sauna, which is a delight when coming back after a long day (or, for those staying for pleasure, after a walk in the surrounding area). The bar is a great place to relax, with comfortable chairs, a nice fire and a good selection of whisky. The restaurant is strong, too, offering quality food at a fair price. Breakfast is a buffet, with a good choice of hot and cold food (although lorne sausage and black pudding would have been nice!)
If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the bathrooms in the rooms can be on the cold side early on a January morning - the only heating in the bathroom is a towel rail.
That said, the Lodge remains my favourite hotel in the area, and I'm already looking forward to my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Agoda, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland