I got married at the hotel in 2007 and must say that the setting is absolutely wonderful. We had beautiful weather and the location was stunning, especially for a traditional Scottish Wedding. The food was good and the waiting staff professional and attentive.
However, the hotel is somewhat lacking in several areas. The corridors to the new rooms in the Munro Lodge are positively grubby. I had mentioned the carpeting throughout the lodge at a previous meeting and was assured (in writing) that all carpets would be cleaned prior to our big day. Unfortunately it was clear that this had not been done, and it gave the whole place a dated and unkempt feel.
The honeymoon suite was nice enough, although I was disappointed to find the sink leaking and the floor soaking (luckily I noticed before trailing my white gown into it!). Still, the balcony and living area were comfortable with spectacular views, so we were not entirely disappointed. I would suggest it would be a nice touch though, to offer for the new bride and groom to order breakfast in the room, and not to kick them out of the room at 10am on the dot. Our door was knocked at 9:30am to remind us that we had to vacate by 10am!!!
The service from the Wedding co-ordinators throughout the year was good enough and they always responded to our queries promptly and politely. Unfortunately the attention on the day was not so efficient. On the morning of the Wedding the Manager was utterly rude to my father, assuming that he was an assistant to the florist and not in fact the one settling the bill. The Hotel then mistakenly allocated one of our guests a room in the older part of the hotel, instead of the Munro lodge and so they were left with one spare key for the Munro rooms at the end of the day. Rather than sorting the situation himself, the Manager approached the Groom immediately after the meal and told him to sort it out and that we would be paying for this spare room whether it was used or not. It is only with hindsight that we realise how inappropriate this was.
There was also some accidental damage in the hotel which was handled very poorly. Rather than inform us, the Management simply added the cost of replacing the damaged furniture onto our bill, and claimed that the damage was caused by our drunken guests. Since the Wedding was only close friends and family, none of whom were rowdy or overly intoxicated, I was utterly appalled at this suggestion. Our complaints fell on deaf ears, and any correspondence with the hotel was completely unprofessional. The spelling/ grammatical content of the written correspondence was laughable. How disappointing that the wedding co-ordinator couldn’t even be bothered to read over her letter before sending to guests who had spent several thousands of pounds at the Hotel.
All in all, I would recommend the hotel for a short break, some good food and a taste of the beautiful, Scottish scenery. By all means have your wedding here…just be wary of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Lodge on Loch Lomond Hotel stands on a quiet sandy cove amid some of Scotland's most stunning scenery. With panoramic views of the Loch and mountains it offers a warm, relaxing atmosphere, delicious modern cuisine from the award winning 2 AA rosette restaurant Colquhoun's, stunning accommodation, including rooms with en-suite saunas and loch view private balconies, and a luxury health suite with sauna, steam room jacuzzi and swimming pool. Perfectly located to explore Scotland, from cities to Highlands ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Lodge on Loch Lomond reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Hotel Luss
- Hotel On Loch Lomond
- On Loch Lomond Luss
- Loch Lomond Lodge
- Lodge On Loch Lomond Luss, Scotland